Spyder Garage

Default Back on four wheels...

For now, screwed up my knee and can't get on my F3-T.

But until my Ortho fixes me, figure I should represent!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robtdonna View Post

Sorry to hear about and sending many for a speedy recovery ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Not good to hear about your knee, I hope your Ortho will get it fixed for you soon?!

Mind you, I'm a bit jealous that you've been allowed to ride on those 4 wheels.... The last time I stuffed a knee, my Ortho wouldn't let me ride one of those things, cos she'd heard about how much fun I'd had on one the time before last.....

I don't know why she got so upset tho? After all, unlike the wheelchair I'd tried before, it had 2 hand operated brakes that I could reach as well as a seat, so riding it down the hill outside the Hospital wasn't really all that risky (far safer than the wheelchair - burnt my hands on that one trying to slow down! ) Altho the nice Policeman who only warned me when he pulled me over to tell me I was exceeding the 60kph speed limit for that street was a bit horrified too?!

I guess some Orthopods are just Party Poopers. Even before the wheelchair & then walker incidents, she didn't like me using the cast on my wrist & hand as a racket-ball bat, and challenging then beating all the other wheelies in the hospital with a leg in a cast in a joust wasn't too popular either! Whadda they expect you to do when you can't ride?? Just cos you've busted a few bones or torn some ligaments surely doesn't mean you hafta stop everything does it?? You gotta be allowed to do something besides sitting around at home pretending to be an invalid??

So what are you doing besides not riding??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-15-2023 at 09:00 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Feel better!

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Well, Peter. Ortho doesn't know yet. Appointment isn't until the first of the month so gotta do what you gotta do, right. Between crutches, a cane and a conventional walker, the rollator is the most comfortable for me.

Too funny about the wheelchair, been there done that with the other knee a few years back, actually. We were on a trip to Alaska, flew into Vancouver and had a few days touring around before getting on the Cruise ship. Security ( and wifey) was a tad upset when I bonzaied down the walkway at Butchart Gardens on Vancouver Island, B.C. in one of THEIR wheelchairs.
    HEY, I didn't hit anything, was all good.

Doing what I can then coming home and ice, ibuprofen, rest you know the drill. Fortunately I can still get in and drive the SUV. Unfortunately had a viewing and funeral for friend to attend earlier in the week. Went down to one of our local watering holes this afternoon and had an early dinner and listened to a local band we sort of follow. It's worse if I sit too long so I try not to do that. I have a couple of 'other' medical appointments next week, dentist and dermatologist. It never ends it seems. But doing anything constructive is on hold for now.

Other knee has osteoarthritis and I get gel injections every 6 months and that works pretty well still. Ortho keeps checking but not bad enough for a replacement. This knee happened like overnight, I'm think a meniscus tear or popped ligament. If I keep it straight and most the weight off it, it's ok, Any turn causes a shooting pain down my leg. I 'might' be able to swing my leg over or maybe sidesaddle slip on to but it's my right knee, I'd be afraid of having to jump on the brake and have the knee buckle and
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Spyder Garage

This made me chuckle, I am so on the same page here I've gotten also some reprimandes from the nurses, and other staff...
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Terrible To Get OLD

....Been there and done that. Man, I am here to tell you that 'getting old' is not particularly great. Most people have so much fun and then they get Old.

Just the way we were made.
    Let your Spyder give you the 'opportunity to make things fun'. Always be Safe and Stay in Touch.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Having had 11 surgeries on my knees and both replaced, I can commiserate with you. A good way to ice the knee is to use a cryro cuff. It is a small round cooler for ice and water with a tube and knee wrap. Works great and no leaking ice bags.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

No cup or phone holder? do like the decals Also discussed with others how doubles as shopping cart at buffet if any open your area. Hopefully only temporary, glad (still mobile) & not worse, have quick recovery.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2023 at 05:51 PM. Reason: fixed emoji ;-)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

UPDATE, time and ice therapy has helped. Saw my ortho today, x-rays showed....old(er) knee. Osteoarthritis, which I've been dealing with on the other knee for awhile now. So now will get Euflexxa (lubricant) shots in both knees every six months. Has really helped with my old bad knee, hoping the same for the new bad knee.

Thanks for the comments, Guys. Oh yeah, my Doc, who knows I said...if you can swing your leg onto the bike, have at it! NOW just need a non-rainy day, which doesn't look too promising for a bit here in North Georgia!

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hope you feel better, I have degenerative and osteoarthritis in my back , hips and knees that I have been dealing with for about 15 years. Had surgery on my back in 2009 and they have been wanting to replace my knee for almost 10 years and I won't let them and I am straight bone to bone on the right knee.

One of the things that has helped my knees if you can get your insurance to approve it is an Hyaluronic acid injection series. This helped my knee so much more over cortisone or other gels. It is a series of three injection over 3 weeks then you are good for about 6 months.

Also a good cannabis edible always helps with the pain and is non addictive.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

You are correct and that is exactly what Euflexxa is. I first get a cortisone shot to reduce inflammation and then the weeks later the Hyaluronic acid, one shot a week for three weeks.

Spyder Garage

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Glad you got the green light!! I was going to ask if it's the right knee or left, if it's not the brake side, ride on what the ortho done know, won't hurt her! Good luck with the knee's, I have two metal ones, from 45+ years of being a welder in a shipyard!! It sucks at times, but you have to keep punching threw it!! Good Luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Thanks. It's actually both knees, left has been bothersome for several years, now it's the right. Dr. said as long as you keep the knee straight , I should have no trouble with the brake. I have a knee brace to help in that regard.