Spyder Garage

Default Where can I download a 2017 RT's GPS Manual?

i’m Going to retire my 2012 RT, and get a 17 RTL. I wanted to get a copy of the Option Package GPS manual. I have searched and could not find it. Just how to remove and connect in the main Operators Manual.

I would like to get familiar with it before I get the bike.

Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-15-2023 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    Loving my 2020 RT-L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is it the GPS unit you are referring to or the mount kit documentation?

GPS - If you haven't already, create a garmin account and log in. You'll find an area to download the manual for the GPS.

Cradle - I've had a look thru the '17 RTL Workshop manual and it keeps it a secret its shown on the wiring schematic, and referred to in the section detailing removal of fuel tank but nothing else. This is probably the dumbest statement someone has made but have you tried contacting BRP direct - if the stars align - the moon is full - your fingers and toes are crossed - and your not waiting on a lotto win to consume your luck - you may just get a sensible reply.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Online Manuals

...Well this is what we do now. Most manufacturers are putting the manuals online. This saves the world a lot of paper. Also this allows you to know and have the latest information.
    Welcome to the the world of the Web.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Garmin Support has a separate number for OEM Support, 855-607-2536. I called them a few times when I got my Zumo 590 for my Spyder. At the time, the Zumo 660 was the OEM GPS for the 2014 RTL/RT-S. Give them a ring. I've found the Garmin technical support over the years to be amongst the best I've ever dealt with.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go to instructions.brp.com and do a search on product name. You should come up the installation instructions which may have GPS instructions included.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)