Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I guess smaller LED's don't like cold weather?

Just got back in from a ride did a check of everything and now this

BRP Signature frunk light , half of it is dead.

IMG_20230115_145812566_HDR.jpg

Plus I lost a led on my show chrome fender lights too.

IMG_20230115_145752373_HDR.jpg

Less than two years old but just out of the 12 month warranty , go figure.

For now I went and disconnected the frunk light from the harness at the clip so people wont think I am making a left turn. Probably will just get the same thing again so I can just plug and play it and get it back going.

As for the fender lights I'll probably just leave them be until more burn out then replace it.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-15-2023 at 06:17 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

The LED's themselves are probably perfectly functional. Most likely an internal connection in the circuit was stressed by the temperature change.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

re-seat the connections and see if they work...
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've not heard that cold temps above 0 F will effect LED's .... I know they effect CFL's in my un-heated attic ( so I took them out ) .... but not LED's ....good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

As a replacement for your failed Signature light, you may want to use this light available from EBay for $22.00
    I have this light on my F3T and love the appearance and function. Cost saving is a big plus.
    Signature light.jpg Installs and wires the same as the OEM light.

https://www.rattlebars.com/spyder/spyder.html#siglight Thanks to Chet for this information!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32447253262...Bk9SR6zprYe3YQ Note: The leds shown are 9pc. Later found, a few lines down, are the 6pc leds that I installed.
    Last edited by Haze; 01-17-2023 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Add picture
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Cold won't affect led lights. That factory light should have the same warranty as the bike so two years. I would certainly talk to your dealer about a replacement.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Cold won't affect led lights. That factory light should have the same warranty as the bike so two years. I would certainly talk to your dealer about a replacement.
    I looked it up on the BRP site as mine was installed by the dealer at the time of purchase, it did not come with it from BRP. 12 months on any accessories purchased,they are not covered by the 2 year warranty.

"Genuine Parts and Accessories

Installed by your authorized dealer / distributor on your new or used BRP vehicle.

For a period of twelve (12) months starting from the date of the retail sale, this limited warranty covers Parts, Accessories, and labour. BRP will repair or replace genuine BRP Parts and Accessories found defective in material and/or workmanship – further to normal use and service. Labour and collateral damages to the vehicle may be covered only if the failed part or accessory was installed by a BRP authorized dealer / distributor."

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    As a replacement for your failed Signature light, you may want to use this light available from EBay for $22.00
    I have this light on my F3T and love the appearance and function. Cost saving is a big plus.

https://www.rattlebars.com/spyder/spyder.html#siglight Thanks to Chet for this information!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32447253262...Bk9SR6zprYe3YQ
    Not only cost but if it will plug into the same harness, it's an easy peasy cheap replacement. Thanks for the tip and most important the link.

Update: I just looked at that link , these have a turn signal function. Do you have that working with your setup?
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-16-2023 at 06:44 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Signature Light

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Not only cost but if it will plug into the same harness, it's an easy peasy cheap replacement. Thanks for the tip and most important the link.

Update: I just looked at that link , these have a turn signal function. Do you have that working with your setup?

I have the turn signal function hooked up and working. Installed according to Chet's instructions. The running light is bright white. The turn signal function is bright AMBER.
    The amber turn signal is triggered with a Yellow wire that I attached to the turn signal wiring on each side of the bike. They come on as white DRLs with the key and when a turn signal is activated, they will switch to amber and sequentially show the direction you will be turning. No effect/affect on the Canbus.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2023 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Fixed quote displays
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32447253262...Bk9SR6zprYe3YQ
    I like those. Flexible enough? I'd likely just run them in amber as running lights. Thx

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Signature LED Light

Here is a listing for the 6pc led lights that I installed.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/30285159874...Bk9SR76z-oa4YQ
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Getting ready to order a set of those to add to my frustration I moved the f3 out to measure the sig light as i had another idea that I might try with those or something similar. But I noticed my back drivers side taillight is out. signal works but no taillight.

But if I am reading the manual right I have to replace the whole assembly if the led taillight is toast?

Update: Not sure of what I was reading in the manual so I just took a good look (always helps when you have glaucoma).
    Capture.JPG

Saw the bulb and pulled it out from the socket to find it is just a regular 7528. Going to purchase some leds for replacement.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-28-2023 at 08:37 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

The 6pc led lights came in today but instead of going with white I went with an ice blue/amber turn as I plan on eventually backlighting the grill with blue colored leds. I'll post some pics up once I have them installed.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 6pc led lights came in today but instead of going with white I went with an ice blue/amber turn as I plan on eventually backlighting the grill with blue colored leds. I'll post some pics up once I have them installed.

You might check with your state regulations before putting colored lights on your ride. (especially BLUE)
    Good Luck on THAT! Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

I hear you and will check but that just goes against my Black and Blue color scheme.

I even have a blue snowsuit for cold weather just to hold my color scheme How dare they screw with my style...
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-11-2023 at 11:31 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hear you and will check but that just goes against my Black and Blue color scheme.

I even have a blue snowsuit for cold weather just to hold my color scheme How dare they screw with my style...
    Just so you don't get stopped by an officer with a "Billy Club" that can help you out with the "black & blue" effect you don't want! Minnesota is strict about Not Having blue lights on Non-Emergency Vehicles. Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Just checked and yep...can't use them and according to this I can't even backlight the grill with blue led's.

SAUTV makes a brp sig replacement for $105 I'll just go with that.

§ 22-227 – Special restrictions on lamps
    (b) Red or blue light visible from front. — Except as required or permitted in § 22-218 of this subtitle or in the rules governing the operation of emergency vehicles and school vehicles, a person may not drive or move any vehicle or equipment on any highway with any lamp or device on it that displays a red or blue light visible from directly in front of its center.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black