Spyder Garage

Default Leaning toward F4's 21" vented Windshield Upgrade - anyone tried one?

I've been researching windshields for the F3 and am leaning towards the 21" vented model from F4. Anyone have any experience with this product? Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-13-2023 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I had an F 4 on my wing for a decade or more. Great screen and only a few stone chips. Great product.

I got one for my f3. Im 6-2" so I got the tallest ( 24 from memory ) with wings and vent. Screen is great.

The finishing on the new one was not as neat and smooth on the edges but I remedied that with some fine sandpaper. Fitted well. There is a video on the site on how to fit it and the directions are good.

There is a new owner ( Don retired) and it was not the smooth and seamless transaction I had in 2009. Bit of a hassle but I got it in the end. So there you have it.

1st ride with the new screen.

20220812_120417.jpg

Hope this helps.

Iso in Kiwiland.

Spyder Garage

Identical experience as isopedlla. I got the 28 wide this round for the RT. It took forever to get it. They lost my order but still had my card charge. I also ordered a blemished one too (shorty) and paid for it but that was not in stock and they really didn’t want to refund me till after the 28 inch wide was received 4 months later. The outside edges definitely needed touched up. I did get it though. I don’t believe he is making them anymore. They are made elsewhere and shipped to him. Very little conversation was received from email and calling but in the end I did receive the product and beside me buffing the outside edges worked great all last summer. Definitely not like it was in 15 when my dad dealt with them.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 01-13-2023 at 10:46 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Haha. I have a mate in Tennessee who called them and ripped them a new backside in the end they were dicking me around so much. Still took some time to ship it....

The quality customer service walked out the door and left the building with the previous owner Dan who was fantastic. Dam shame as it was an excellent product.

My mate bought Show Chrome Tour Windshields Clear 20-401 for his F3, from H&R Powersports LLC
    on the e-bay and had it shipped at a good price to Kiwiland. . No vent though. I had a ride and it was great. well made and finished. No dicking around and immediate shipping.
    Last edited by Isopedella; 01-13-2023 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typos haha

Spyder Garage

Yup I have the bigger one with the wings love it. Non vested
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Also had mine within 2 weeks.(Canada)
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have had great service and product from 7Jurock. The have windshields with and without the laminar lip, and their prices are very reasonable. They will also make a custom size to your dimensions. Check them out.

www.7jurock.com

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

I have had the vented F4 21" windscreen for some years now. Perfect fit, miles better than the original screen and still clear as glass.

A touch pricey, but then again, what spare part for the Spyder ISN'T pricey?

I would buy it again if I had to.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

7jurock 19" for me on 22 F3L. Works for me. Week to get and good quality.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Also just bought the 7jurock 25" with flip & light tint for my 20 RTL. Very reasonably priced with a 20% discount at checkout, free shipping, delivered by UPS for a total under $160. dollars. Very well packaged and received in about a week. Can't wait to see how the flip and 4" wider screen work out. Bill

"Sorry" Only now did I realize this was a F-3 thread,
    Last edited by Knizar; 01-15-2023 at 01:08 PM.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Bought the vented 25" with the wings two years ago and couldn't be happier. It's a pleasure to ride without feeling like a freakin' "bobblehead" as there is literally no air movement at all. Go for the vent and the wings as they add to the enjoyment of the ride in hot, muggy weather.
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

I recently bought a 7jurock 23” light tint with flip for my 2022 RTL chrome. Great price, great product, great family run business! Very reasonable price compared to others.
    2022 Spyder RTL- Chrome , Larger brake pedal Deep Marsala Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjr00 View Post
    I've been researching windshields for the F3 and am leaning towards the 21" vented model from F4. Anyone have any experience with this product? Thanks
    Hi Dave here,
    before you jump into a new wind shield.... Check with me first. you may be happier with a
    Madstad Adjustable shield, I have one on my F3 in the picture, and it is super. The shield is adjustable up
    and down about 4 or 5 inches and it also tilts forward or backwards the same 4 or so inches
    they come in several sizes and tints. I have them at discount prices. lower than MAP.
    Give me a call 7 days a week 209-887-3283 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time
    SAENG #1.jpg
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-15-2023 at 06:26 PM. Reason: words - wards ;-)

Spyder Garage

Default F4 Windshield

I have a 21" F4 shield on my F3T. Its great for controlling the wind while riding around town. On the Highway I experience a small bit of buffeting above 65mph.
    To control the buffeting I'm adding SPYDER EXTRAS F3-T & LIMITED ADJUTABLE WINDSHIELD MOUNTS SF3-AWB. Will report back as soon the snow clears enough for a test ride.

https://spyderextras.com/shop/detail...MOUNTS-SF3-AWB

I'm 5' 10 1/2" tall and have had my seat rebuilt by Seth Lamm. Raised me up 1" above the OEM seat height.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack