Spyder Garage

Default Need to replace the Fuel Lines - any way without BUDS?

2012 RSS. The fuel lines on both sides of fuel filter need to be replaced. I have searched this forum, and YouTube and basically found nothing. The only thing I did find is in the service manual which says you need B. U. D. s to relieve the pressure. Is there a way to get around this?
    TIA, Mark
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-11-2023 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2012 RSS
    2022 RT Limited
    2021 Ryker 600
    2021 600 , Black/Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkN View Post
    2012 RSS. The fuel lines on both sides of fuel filter need to be replaced. I have searched this forum, and YouTube and basically found nothing. The only thing I did find is in the service manual which says you need B. U. D. s to relieve the pressure. Is there a way to get around this?
    TIA, Mark
    If you buy Genuine BRP fuel lines you are going to pay Mucho $$$ for them .... after you get them off take to any auto parts store and get the same size " fuel quality " tubing.....Also get a few Quality clamps to replace the Oetker (?) type.... I think the BUDS thing is a CYA deal ..... but someone will tell you for sure ..... good luck ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Isn’t the fuel hose under pressure?
    2012 RSS
    2022 RT Limited
    2021 Ryker 600
    2021 600 , Black/Yellow