Spyder Garage

Default BRP company info and stock price chart

Last summer we finally got our first Spyder. After taking some time to consider what we wanted,
    we now have a 2022 Spyder RTL that we ride two up almost 100% of the time.
    There were a number of things that factored into the purchase, and one was the health of the company.

Here is some information about BRP:

BRP Bombardier Recreational Products trades on the Toronto Exchange (DOO) and the Nasdaq (DOOO)

BRP went public in 2013, was listed on the Nasdaq in 2018 (stock price appreciated over 120%)

There are pros and cons to the fundamental data, the company is doing well in most areas
    except higher then average debt level.

With 2.6 billion in debt as of Oct. 30 2022 the company has finally reach a positive shareholder equity after five years of negative value.

Insider trading reported has only been buying over the last 9 months to the tune of 555,500 shares purchased for $48.6 million.

With 78m shares outstanding and a market cap of USD $6.2 billion.

Pays a quarterly dividend, next payment date Jan. 13, 2023 amount $0.118

For 2023 the company expects EPS of $11.65 to $12.00, total company revenue in the range from 27% to 32%
    and net income in the range from $780 million to $810 million.

Technical Info
    Weekly price chart past three years, price found support above the 200 day SMA

3 year weekly price chart 1-10-23.jpg

my 2 cents: Company seems poised to continue its current path of earnings growth giving them the opportunity to restructure their balance sheet.
    Several analysts that cover the company have price targets above $100.

After getting the chance to own/ride a Spyder, it has been overall a very positive experience. In part due to the information we have been able to learn by reading this forum.

2022 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not knocking BRP stock .... or trying to Hi-jack your thread ..... Just some info .... BRP @ $78.00 +/- pays $0.118 (4 x's per year) = $0.47 per year ..... Altria stock trades as MO on NYSE .... cost $45-46 pays div $3.76 per year ..... if you're looking to invest in any company Altria is paying over 8% per year. Math is not my forte, but BRP's rate of return based on the Stock price is less than 1%. ...... I apologize to anyone who is offended by my post, however I was referencing info from the OP's post ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2023 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never been able to make any decent money in the "market", now I just look.

Spyder Garage

The company details were used for considering how strong is BRP, would they still be manufacturing three wheelers say 10 years from now?

In the future will they have the resources to supply parts or cover a possible future recall?

A dividend play is a totally different conversation than the facts shown in original post. The dividend play considers the stocks beta, what is the price trend or volatility of any given stock. The dividend yield is only part of the equation used
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-29-2023 at 12:38 PM. Reason: then (a point in time) - than (a conjunction used when comparing...)
    2022 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TCBoone View Post
    The company details were used for considering how strong is BRP, would they still be manufacturing three wheelers say 10 years from now?

In the future will they have the resources to supply parts or cover a possible future recall?

A dividend play is a totally different conversation then the facts shown in original post. The dividend play considers the stocks beta, what is the price trend or volatility of any given stock. The dividend yield is only part of the equation.
    ..... Research is Extremely important, and I strongly suggest do it., Especially when money is concerned. What I posted was just info. During times of high inflation, a 1% or less return, is like piling your money on the table and staring at it. 8% will keep your head above water. ...... good luck all .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Agree Mike, inflation is that ugly side of the fiat system that destroys our wealth. Historically before the last couple years inflation, has been around 7.5% annually. Finding an 8% return does keep you even over time. That is why buying real assets has had such a surge.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TCBoone View Post
    Agree Mike, inflation is that ugly side of the fiat system that destroys our wealth. Historically before the last couple years inflation, has been around 7.5% annually. Finding an 8% return does keep you even over time. That is why buying real assets has had such a surge.
    " around 7.5% " .... I don't know what country your looking at , but it isn't the U.S.A. ..... not even close ..... It's been below 3.16 % since 2011 .... The " World Bank " has a " historic chart " - google it ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

As I see it all the charts and history mean nothing going forward as regards viability of a company and its product support.
    The ponzi scheme has got the speed wobbles and if you haven't got your helmet on your going to be collateral damage in a pile up that only insiders survive. Further data research..........
    George Carlin ''it's a big club and you aint in it''
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic