Spyder Garage

Default How do I jump start a 2020 RT - need basic level instruction/vids?

Bike has been sitting since July.. god damn mice found inside the front trunk… Won’t crank. Hoping I can just jump start it.

I’ve searched and can’t find any updates videos on how to do this? All videos I’ve seen are for 2012-13 models!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2023 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question as amended in later post... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnSuzyQ View Post
    Bike has been sitting since July.. god damn mice found inside the front trunk… Won’t crank. Hoping I can just jump start it.

I’ve searched and can’t find any updates videos on how to do this? All videos I’ve seen are for 2012-13 models!
    Just to make replies a bit easier, Scott&Suzy, how deep do you need to go? I.e. Do you know where the battery is and how to get to it? Do you have a power pack and cables, or does the jump have to be done from another vehicle?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnSuzyQ View Post

Also, ChecK KILL Switch and Mode Button! One sometimes tends too forget after a period of time.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Sadly I need the someone to break it down Barney style! I don’t have any fancy packs. I may have to just buy a new battery? I would end up having to jump it with my diesel truck. Can someone post a video of where the battery is located and how to get to it? I see the fuse box inside the front trunk…

Spyder Garage

This might help. I just made this video yesterday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6G2yLougw

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

KISS - IMHO start with the least expensive option ..... Take jumper cables - connect to car or trk battery ( correctly ) leave veh ... OFF connect the Spyder battery .... try to start it .... if this fails, make sure you actually have current flowing thru the system, does it even try to start ???? .... if yes have battery LOAD - TESTED ( it's free at most auto parts stores ) let us know what happened .... Mike