Spyder Garage

Default Stalling when cold--goes away after warm up??????

Our 2014 RT L has been stalling (stuttering) some when first trying to take off from a stop. The condition goes away after a couple of miles warm up and two or three stops & starts. I was reading some other posts about oil level and made sure it was correct per procedure describe in the ACE1330 section. I did add approximately 400ml as that was all I had in one of the gallon jugs. That seemed to help some but it still wants to stall and die occasionally when cold and that still goes away after warm up. Could this still be oil level or something else. Current mileage is just over 19K. Last oil change was at 15K.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There have been some purge valve problems on the 1330 RT's especially around the 2014 year models...You could try plugging the purge valve hose and just letting the gas tank cap loose for a short ride...Just make sure the gas tank is not to full...

Many of us with the purge valve problem have had hot starting problems in hot weather...

We plug the purge valve hose and run a new fuel tank vent hose from the tank to behind where we set under the bike...

Just a suggestion to try...Maybe the purge valve is stuck open and causing a very lean condition???

Spyder Garage

Is that something that goes away once the engine is warmed up? Mine operates perfectly after only a couple of miles and doesn't seem to matter if the tank is full or nearly empty.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

You might want to check your fuel injectors. Start-up requires a richer fuel mixture and relies more on a very fine, even spray than is needed when warmed up. If you have clogged injectors. You may not be getting the needed fuel input. Or, it may not be a fine spray.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

If it is hard to start at times, it could be a cupped valve
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark