Spyder Garage

Default The continued emasculation of the NFL

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announc...football-skill

I bet next year it will be a cup cake bake off
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

They haven’t “played” a Pro Bowl game in over 20 years. It’s a joke. At least now they’re admitting what it’s been all along ... a flag football game.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Looks like they're bringing the Punt, Pass & Kick competition to the "professionals". I wonder if they're going to classify groups of competitors by age?????

Well...... Last night (Monday) I saw on the news that Gronk is going to do some kind of field goal kicking exhibition during half time of the Super Bowl. My comment about the P, P, & K competition was meant to be sarcastic. But now, maybe it isn't too far from reality. The silliness continues......
    Last edited by canamjhb; 01-10-2023 at 05:02 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announc...football-skill

I bet next year it will be a cup cake bake off
    Took out the less than family friendly title you put up, you know why.

But to respond, what was it 10, 15 yrs ago one of the athletes blew out his knee playing in the pro bowl volleyball game. May have been career ending. Remember a lot of these guys don’t have a ton of alternative career options planned. But even if they did why risk a million dollar career on spectacle? How many guys get contracts or endorsements on a pro bowl performance.

If I were an elite athlete and that was my primary career opportunity, and it only lasts an avg of 6 yrs, why would I put it at risk for THIS game. To me it’s a business decision and a good one.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fine with me if they cancel all "pro" sports.

Spyder Garage

I used to be a big fan of pro football.

I never watched the "pro bowl" game. A joke, and no real football anyway. The new format does not seem like it will be an improvement.

Pro football lost me a few years back when the players started taking a knee in disrespect of the flag. When they allowed it to continue and removed the playing of the national anthem from tv coverage...that was enough for me. I don't know what they are doing today, but I am still not watching the sport, I don't care who wins or loses. There are no favorite teams to root for anymore.

Nuff said.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-10-2023 at 05:01 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I used to be a big fan of pro football.

I never watched the "pro bowl" game. A joke, and no real football anyway. The new format does not seem like it will be an improvement.

Pro football lost me a few years back when the players started taking a knee in disrespect for the flag. When they allowed it to continue and removed the playing of the national anthem from tv coverage...that was enough for me. I don't know what they are doing today, because I am still not watching the sport, I don't care who wins or loses. There are no favorite teams to root for anymore.

Nuff said.
    Same for Baseball for me! Ever since they started "striking" for more money... ***** Even with what they made back when all this crap started, if they used their brains and saved/invested some of it they would still be waaaaay ahead of the rest of us. How about being happy (and well paid enough) to being playing the game professionally?!!!!
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-10-2023 at 01:27 PM. Reason: reference to explitive deleted.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Fine with me if they cancel all "pro" sports.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I enjoy watching the NFL and other pro sports because I have no greater expectation than being entertained, most of the time. Prefer college sports, even though the transfer portal and NIL are changing the landscape. Went to the Pro Bowl in Hawai'i 16 years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed all the parties and activities surrounding the game, therefore I was not disappointed by the non-competitive nature of the game itself. Besides, it was in HAWAI'I!!!
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

Stopped watching a long time ago when things turned political.......
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Haven't watched it in eons.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Sunday is 'wind therapy' day for me.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I never could understand the reasoning behind the Pro Bowl games. Seldom are teams going to allow their starters and/or star players to participate in any meaningful way in these games. And when they do it is usually no more then one or two possessions. Teams understandably don’t want to risk their top players from sustaining a season ending or worse yet career ending injury in a means nothing game. And when you do watch the game you immediately realize you’re not watching an NFL game, you’re watching an NFL re-enactment of what a game might look like if it were being played for real.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I never could understand the reasoning behind the Pro Bowl games. Seldom are teams going to allow their starters and/or star players to participate in any meaningful way in these games. And when they do it is usually no more then one or two possessions. Teams understandably don’t want to risk their top players from sustaining a season ending or worse yet career ending injury in a means nothing game. And when you do watch the game you immediately realize you’re not watching an NFL game, you’re watching an NFL re-enactment of what a game might look like if it were being played for real.
    It's just another opportunity for the industry to make money. Pretty simple, really.
    2014 RTL Platinum