Spyder Garage

Default Is the 2019RTL pre-wired for heated seat option?

Hello Spyderlovers!

I know there are some aftermarket options for heated seats but I'm specifically interested in whether BRP offers a heated seat up grade for my 2019RTL.

If they do, I'm betting they've also pre-wired for it to some degree and that there is a pigtail of some sort in the vicinity of the seat?? Hoping someone to could direct me where I can find that.

In truth, I'm not actually installing a seat. I actually just ordered a heated jacket and gloves and I'm hoping to not have to fish a dedicated wire all the way up to the battery/frunk area if I can help it to run the apparel. If there's a "cheat" already in place that requires less Tupperware coming off etc, I'm all for it.

Thanks in advance,
    David
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-07-2023 at 05:00 PM. Reason: removed prefix - not engine size related ;-)
    --
    David in Wa.
    2019 Can-Am Spyder RTL SE6

"The Ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse."
    2019 RTL , Phoenix Orange Metalic

Spyder Garage

The 19 RTL that I had came with heated seats and handle grips standard. I would be careful splicing into the wiring on these machines. They are CAN bus circuitry and are not tolerant of adding loads. Safer to wire your heated gear separately from the battery through a fused terminal block and separate switch.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-07-2023 at 05:02 PM. Reason: hade - had ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WDAVEY View Post
    The 19 RTL that I had came with heated seats and handle grips standard. I would be careful splicing into the wiring on these machines. They are CAN bus circuitry and are not tolerant of adding loads. Safer to wire your heated gear separately from the battery through a fused terminal block and separate switch.

Point taken but I figure if the factory has something in place thats suited for the seat, there shouldn't be any issues with my intended purpose. (e.g. Right gauge of wire, proper fuse, etc.)

Hoping someone out there has actually done a seat install and can point me to where to look to find the factory connector thats already in place.

Thanks to all!
    --
    David in Wa.
    2019 Can-Am Spyder RTL SE6

"The Ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse."
    2019 RTL , Phoenix Orange Metalic

Spyder Garage

Contact your dealer with your vin, they can pull up the wiring schematic for your specific vin and tell you everything you want to know, that is if your dealer is a good dealer and not a bunch of A holes like some dealers are.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Look at the Can Am Instructions site for the Heated Comfort Seat for your year. It will show you a diagram of the wiring involved.
    Last edited by Jetfixer; 01-08-2023 at 07:21 AM.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It really is better to wire heated gear to the battery and not connect to existing wires as it can cause problems with the system. Heated gear come ready to attach to the battery because it’s the best way. Plus some heated gear come with an on/off switch and Gerbing has a heat controller to fine tune just how warm or hot you want. With just a switch you will have to turn it on then when it gets really hot turn it off then when it cools turn it on then off then on etc. all while riding.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 01-08-2023 at 10:19 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red