Spyder Garage

Question Anyone shipped their Spyder?

I will be moving from Northern Virginia to Daytona Beach Florida this coming Spring. Has anyone shipped their machine(s)? What service or company did you use?
    I looked in to taking it down on the Auto Train but they do not allow Can-Am machines. No Spyders, Rykers or Slingshots.
    Now I know there are going to be peeps out there that tell me to get on and ride but there are other factors involved.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-07-2023 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread... ;-)
    2020 Spyder RTL Chalk/Black
    2020 RTL , Chalk / Black

Spyder Garage

Shipping Spyders has been done, & still is being done - there's been a fair bit of discussion on the Forum about it already, well worth a read if you want answers to those questions you've asked!

It's fairly easy to find most of it too - just type 'shipping' into the Search field up towards the Top Right of the page, click on the 'Search Titles Only' box in the drop down list below it, & then hit the magnifying glass to submit the search & get a whole bunch of results.... Just skim thru the titles of all the threads returned to see which look most appropriate to select which to read first, but remember, even those a few years old could be very informative.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Had mine shipped 1,370 miles, Michigan to south Texas. This past year. Used HaulBikes. Took a little longer than I wanted, but was very happy with them. Use 1st rate equipment, hauling only bikes/trikes/reverse trikes. Attaching link to another thread. Post #10 has pics of their rigs.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...new-Spyder-but
    Last edited by BCNewell; 01-07-2023 at 12:45 PM.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

good luck
    Last edited by fredgal; 01-07-2023 at 01:14 PM.
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BCNewell View Post
    Had mine shipped 1,370 miles, Michigan to south Texas. This past year. Used HaulBikes. Took a little longer than I wanted, but was very happy with them. Use 1st rate equipment, hauling only bikes/trikes/reverse trikes. Attaching link to another thread. Post #10 has pics of their rigs.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...new-Spyder-but
    I used HaulBikes when I moved from Connecticut to Texas in January 2021. They came to my house with an 18 wheeler that had two levels of storage with a lift for the upper level. They picked up the Spyder on the date they promised, and took roughly 2 1/2 weeks before it was delivered right to my home in Austin. I also remember that I had to fully lower the windshield to meet the height restrictions, but other than that there were no problems. Keep in mind that they pick up/drop off bikes along the way. The Spyder was secured well, no damage, just a little dusty. As I remember the cost was around $850.00, which I thought was a very good deal. Good Luck!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Try "U ship" for an online price quote also.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

I used U-Ship to transport my F3 to Ohio after I purchased it in N.Carolina. Good service and they kept me informed when they picked it up and along the way
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Tyme View Post
    I used U-Ship to transport my F3 to Ohio after I purchased it in N.Carolina. Good service and they kept me informed when they picked it up and along the way
    I also used U Ship. As I recall you will get different bids for your job. I ended up using EC Zippy Shipping. He is based in Clearwater, FL. My ship was from MA to PA - so he goes all over. Very decent guy.
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have used the 'U Ship' online quote process a couple of times. One of my deliveries had a plastic panel rubbing the side of the trailer resulting in paint damage. It depends on each individual shipper as the quotes come from independent haulers. Most are guys with pickups and trailers. Read their reviews and be sure they have insurance. Some do not.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DT5534 View Post
    I will be moving from Northern Virginia to Daytona Beach Florida this coming Spring. Has anyone shipped their machine(s)? What service or company did you use?
    I looked in to taking it down on the Auto Train but they do not allow Can-Am machines. No Spyders, Rykers or Slingshots.
    I used Haul Bikes back in 2013 to ship a 2013 RT from Wisconsin to Idaho. Everything went well. Two things to note. All their hauls go through Milwaukee, WI or York, PA so your bike may or may not be delivered on the same trailer that it gets picked up with. But since you're going from VA to FL they may have a truck going from York to VA to FL. You most likely will have to remove the windshield in order to get under the max height they can handle. That's because of the double decker system they use.

Have you watched any videos how Amtrak hauls cars? The cars have only two ramps between rail cars so there are no center ramps available. Each car has one ramp on each end, one end on the right side and the other on the left side. One possibility is if you have a vehicle that can pull a trailer put the Spyder on the trailer and then ship the vehicle and trailer combo on Amtrak.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-07-2023 at 05:22 PM. Reason: their ;-)

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

As others state that used Haul Bikes, I had a motorcycle shipped by them from a dealer in Wisconsin to Oregon, great service and top notch equipment. The driver told me the company only hires Drivers that are motorcycle owners, makes sense to me.
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Spyder Garage

^^^ True this. My delivery driver showed me his Harley in the truck. That’s how he gets around when parked for the night.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

I had my RTS shopped from NC to NWFL. I called a few car transport companies. I've shipped with in the past. They picked it up and dropped it off out front of the house. If they have space in the "enclosed" trailer. it'll get loaded.... Call around. I had zero issues.
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BCNewell View Post
    ^^^ True this. My delivery driver showed me his Harley in the truck. That’s how he gets around when parked for the night.
    Is this the same guy that delivered my bike, he had a Harley
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010