Spyder Garage

Default What is Roller Bench Mode for?

What is this feature for, dyno? Also, what should the engagement point say, learned or no state?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 01-05-2023 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question ;-)

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Buds

...Not sure, but if I had to guess it would be dyno or road test. I would recommend that you check with your BUDS software team and let them explain it to you.

Good Luck with Your Mission. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mandytuning View Post
    What is this feature for, dyno? Also, what should the engagement point say, learned or no state?
    Yes, on supported machines, it allows you to dyno it without causing a limp mode....the one you get when the rear wheel is turning but the front wheels are not. It was discussed briefly in this video. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, start at the 11:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPkKw2c7Hqg

When you plug into a supported machine, I suspect that the No State will change and tell you the state, ie Enabled / Disabled. When you're in the Settings Menu for the correct module, I would think that item would be in the Options tab, and you can toggle it there, but I’ve never personally used it.

Someone at Pit Bull or Lamonster Garage would probably be happy to discuss it with you. They made the video.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 01-05-2023 at 04:07 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

It can be a little confusing, but you're screen shot shows the Settings tab. No state means that you haven't selected the current BUDS2 session to do anything with that particular setting. If you select Engagement Point, you can then enter into the testing and learning function for that. If you run the test of Engagement Point for example, then it will show Learned. No State does not mean the the TCM never learned the engagement point. Roller Bench mode is for any activity that involves letting the rear wheel turn without the front wheels turning to prevent faults such as ABS. Most people think of a dyno test as running at full power. A roller bench can be used to set belt tracking for example.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red