Spyder Garage

Default Need to Remove Comfort Seat without breaking Tabs or lifting Clam Shell?

I am thinking of getting an Ultimate seat, but I need to take the Comfort Seat off without breaking the tabs. Any good recommendations without lifting the clam shell?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-02-2023 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

I put the Ultimate on mine. Only thing was I had a stock seat to take off. The tabs on it stayed together when I just ripped the darn things off to see how it mounted. Then I tried to put it back on as the Ultimate seat had not arrived yet. Bummer.

Called the dealer and their service people laughed. They also volunteered to put it back on for me. Gave me ideas. Got the wife and some flat plastic and even metal pieces to push one tab at a time back in. Lubed each tab to slide in easier. Thought it worked until I went for a ride. Got done and the seat just lifted off. Ended up just sitting on it and the next day the ultimate seat came in.

If the tabs are the same as the regular seat, they just pull out of the slots and come out with no hassle.

It is worth the change. You will go from 'this to this' and really like it:

IMG_5446 (1).jpg
    IMG_5485.jpg

Yes - I was stupid and had the dealer put that seat and box on before immediately seeing way better options. Should sell that seat and box/rack for 1/2 price sometime soon. True reminder that "haste makes waste".
    Last edited by Captainmal; 01-02-2023 at 10:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Comfort seat has hard plastic tabs, not soft rubber like on the OEM seat. That is why I am concerned too just pull.

Spyder Garage

OK...

I have a friend with the comfort seat. He says the back bunches up on him. He liked my standard seat. The guy is supposed to come over, pick up a box and rack assembly plus the standard seat and my new/old passenger seat. If he does I will "con" him into removing his comfort. Then I will know.

Spyder Garage

Well Captain did you get your friend to take off the comfort seat off? If so let me know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    Well Captain did you get your friend to take off the comfort seat off? If so let me know.
    No. Wife and I went to a local motorcycle meet with him Saturday. He said he wanted the rear box and that seat and was coming to get them. Two miles from here is not far.

No calls and no show. Hate to "bug" people but will try and contact him tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Bringing this thread up to say that guy never changed the seat. No clue if he removed the comfort seat he has and used the one he got from me.

Spyder Garage

Just lift it straight up -with your hands on the side. Have done that with mine - no problems.
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase