Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Is there an LED Headlight without fan extn that just fits in?

Sure tried to replace my H4 factory 2022 Sport bulbs with LED ones. Bought some inexpensive ones with the fan assembly on the back. Try as I might, could not get one to fit into the bulb holder as it is too long and hits into the wiring and the back of the body. Also had to grind the plastic ring that came with them thinner so the lock ring would lock. Royal PIA of work and time to give up. If it takes total removal of the headlight bucket that is silly as replacement "on the road" would be impractical. You could not even get the old one out let alone replaced without total disassembly.

Now comes the question... Is there an LED option with just the H4 three prongs and no huge fan extension that would just fit right in?

Thought of this ...https://www.amazon.com/Xenooto-Headl...cx_mr_hp_atf_m

Kind of expensive but if it works then OK. There are many others much cheaper but I read they are not very bright ( no big deal as I do not ride much at night) and have no ballast or whatever it is to stop the system from flickering the light.

Your thoughts and/or experience?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-02-2023 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)