Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Post up your Local Area Weather News - January Edition, 2023

...Welcome to the New Year 2023. I hope you have a Sunny day and lots of Blue sky. Indiana is starting out with some clouds and mostly a gray Day. Currently 41°F.
    Yesterday was off and on all day rain. We received about an inch of rain. Then around 3pm the rain stopped and the Sunshine came out. We enjoyed the beautiful sunset.

Today's high is 52°F with clouds. Low of 45°F.
    So no worries about the weather. I try and make every day the best day. Life is to short to worry about most things.

Post Up something about your Local Area Weather News.
    Read and Learn about the many different weather conditions all around the World.
    I have enjoyed reading all your posts and hope to hear from you fellow Spyder Forum Ryders.

Remember to check out your Spyder before you begin your Spyder Ryde Times. I usually do what I call, Lights, Camera and then the Action. If you find a problem fix it and then move on down the road. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to head out. Always take the necessary steps for a Safe Ryde.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Here in southern MN it’s 27 F with freezing fog and a winter storm coming Monday. Should get to 35 today. No ryding for a few months yet!
    The Journey IS the Destination
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Sixty five and sunny. A warm front is here. Went to church this AM in shirt sleeves.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Northern mexifornia 33 degrees, sunny and breezy at 4000 ft. But not for long though...........

Spyder Garage

Default Am I Back In Seattle????

The desert S.W. started 2023 in a wet, soggy fashion. Gray sky's and it's been raining all day. The high will be 57 and low 47 degrees. Humidity is 94% and we have a 3 MPH breeze. Forecast shows this weather will be with us until mid-week. Then we'll dry out a little bit. These rainstorms are bringing welcome relief to our long-term draught. The extent of the relief remains to be seen but it should be significant. The high country is getting many feet of snow now. Hopefully we do not get an unusual warm up so those snowbanks will remain until spring when the runoff is much needed. Stay safe & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Here in VT. we are getting rain, and they are forecasting temps in the 40's and 50's.

But by the end of the week the temps in the 30's.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

We're already into the 2nd of January 2023 here in Oz, with our neck of the woods sunny & clear, currently at a cool 25° C @ 40% humidity or so & heading for a top of 28°C around Midday, so a cooler fine day than recently.

The coming week looks like it'll be fairly similar, altho the temps are meant to start building back up towards the end of the week to give us high 30's for all of next weekend; but for now, the forecast tells us the first week of 2023 is gonna be sunny & clear & it's looking great for ryding!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-01-2023 at 06:08 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Nice and warm.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Monday 1/2/23

...Kind of a nice ring for today's date 1/2/23. Just wanted to share something a little different.
    Yesterday we had a very heavy fog in our area. It was from 7:50am till almost 12 noon. This made for some terrible driving conditions, but luckily I didn't have to go anywhere. I was able to get out later in the day. Did not have any sunshine all day, currently 47°F.

Today conditions are late afternoon rain showers, high of 55°F with clouds. Low of 52°F .
    Enjoy your Day and Ryde if you're Able.
    No Snow on the ground here, but extremely wet.
    I had water standing in my backyard yesterday.

Enjoy the Day and Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

On my very nice 330-mile ride with little to no wind, it was ~65° when I left at 1:00. Reached 82° at the halfway point in Childress to have an early dinner with my wife on her return trip from Denton and was back down to 57° when we returned home at 8:00.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Friday (12/30) was nearly 70 degrees, so I got with 4 other spyder riders and the wife and I went for a 194 mile ride up to a lake in Virginia (near the NC border).
    Saturday (12/31) was low 60 and rain most of the day, so I did things around the house.
    Sunday (1/2) was upper 60's and beautiful (once the fog burned off). So I rode the spyder to church and then visited with family and some older friends that I hadn't seen in a while. My uncle and aunt I had only visited about 2 times since covid hit, so I went by their houses.
    Today (1/2) is supposed to be mid 60's and the wife is off work. She mentioned going to Windsor (about 2.5 hours away) to check on a house that she inherited to make sure it was OK. I am gonna work for a while, but if she decides that we can ride the spyder to check on the house, I might take an extended break. Lol!
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Happy new year to all of you !

As you can see from the picture, road conditions are not Spyder friendly over here.
    We have had some snowfall during the hollidays and temperature is about 32f during daytime and down to 27f at nights.
    This seems to be the prognoses for a while, so best to sit by the fireplace and sip something nice and hope for a perfect 23 season for me and all of you !
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Here in California's Central Valley, we are finally seeing a bit of rain lately. Temps are in the high 50s during the day with lows in the low 40s. There has been some snow up high in the surrounding mountains.

This was not the case in November/December, where we seemed to turn from 100 degree highs to 50 degree highs in a matter of a couple of weeks. That pattern was almost entirely dry other than some fog and a lot of condensation.

I doubt that the current weather will do much to break our extreme drought, despite the stories of flooding in Northern California. At this point the deficit in rainfall is simply too great. Any rainfall is welcome but the long-term picture is still on the grim side.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

The Pineapple Express has opened the storm door for Cal. and the Sierra Nevada Mts. We were hit with 18" of snow at my home and the ski resort just above us got 4 feet. More snow now and Thursday. My snowblowers will be kept busy
    The power just came back on after 3 days of running the propane generator.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Tuesday 1/3/23

...Welcome to the Tuesday weather news.
    Needed to take care of some things this morning. Currently have 62°F with lots of clouds. Going to be another Grey day for us to deal with. We will come and visit with you when we get the time.

High today of 63°F and clouds. Low of 45°F.
    Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

It is drying out here in the desert S.W. After a couple days of soggy rain and gray sky's we are finally seeing the sun. Today will be partly sunny with no rain. The high will be 58 and the wind is calm. Humidity is at 54% and dropping as the day progresses. The long term forecast has us getting back to more normal weather..... sun and mid to upper 60s. Stay safe..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Today (Tuesday) in northern CA overcast with more rain forecast for early tomorrow morning. We have certainly received lots of precipitation recently, as shown in the photos of Folsom Lake, the first taken Dec 2, 2022 and the second 1/1/23 ("During our annual New Years Day Ride")

We enjoy spending time at the lake and have watched it dry up over the last few years to record lows. It is good to see it come back, plenty of room for more...

Folsom Lake 12-2-22.jpgFolsom Lake 1-1-23.jpg
    Last edited by TCBoone; 01-03-2023 at 03:18 PM.
    2022 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Northern mexifornia 33 degrees, sunny and breezy at 4000 ft. But not for long though...........
    Now the national weather service is predicting 8" of rain in their forecast.

Spyder Garage

We had severe t-storms yesterday around 4:00 PM. Were also under a tornado watch, but gladly, they did not materialize.

There does not appear to be any safe haven from Mother Nature at the present time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Wednesday 1/4/23

...Well yesterday's weather was just the best ever. We had 63°F and just a wee bit of sunshine through the clouds. Yes, like most of you, the first days of January have been wet. Given the choice of Rain or Snow, my option has been 'I go with the rain'. Sorry about that you Sledding Friends.

Hopefully those that want the 'white stuff' will eventually get all that you need to have a Good Time. How about that?
    I know most of the USA is extremely short on rain, so hopefully we will see the lakes this year.
    I definitely want to enjoy some 'lake time'.

High today of 46°F with some sunshine. Low of 32°F. Currently I have 44°F
    Enjoy your Day and Stay Warm.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

10 day forecast calling for temps in the mid 30*s, which is about 8-10* above normal. Getting to the coldest part of winter and not too bad.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Crappy in southern WI. We had just enough snow from 12/23 - 12/27 to open up the snowmobile trails. I got about 20 hrs of grooming in and then it decided to go up to 50*. Now the snow is gone, and drizzle and fog have been the norm for the last couple weeks with temps in the mid 30's. Not warm enough, and not cold enough either. The weather guessers are saying we might see the sun next week..?? For now, it's mud and fog season in these parts....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Thursday 1/5/23

...This has been a long and busy week and it's not Friday. I guess the New Year does that to me. Just going to take everything in and enjoy the Day.
    The wife says 'stop and smell the roses' then get on with Life. Currently 35°F with clouds and a wee bit of moonlight.

Today the local weather people are saying snow. Hopefully just a lite dusting.
    High of 37°F with clouds and some snow showers in the afternoon.
    Low of 29°F.
    Stay Warm and Safe.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Almost 10:30 AM, fog has burned off, 61 F and the sun is shining.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver