Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Just picked up my 2015 RTL

As the title states, I just picked up my 2nd hand 2015 RT Limited Se6.
    I read the manual cover to cover, watched a ton of videos on Youtube, then finally test rode it. I realised I had a death grip and then relaxed and the wobbles stopped.
    Finally picked it up today, and rode it home 80Km. I'm surprised at how straight it tracked, the previous owner has already put BajaRon suspension on it and Nangkang tyres. Very little for me to do other than ride it. I will be putting the brake pedal extender on it, as my size 15US boot just doesn't fit to well.

2015 RTL SE6_Fr.jpg

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder

...Welcome to the Spyder Forum. Nice choice for your Spyder. I hope you have a wonderful experience and can get lots of Ryde Times. Here in Indiana USA we are having our winter season, my Spyder is stored for 3 or 4 months.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Congrats & Welcome! Good to see another Ozzie aboard too!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 and wouldn't trade it for anything Can Am has came out with so far. Over 50,000 trouble free miles. DESS turned off just for giggles and car tires have been the biggest mods.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I have a 2015 and wouldn't trade it for anything Can Am has came out with so far...
    Same here and am almost to 84K.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

on your Spyder.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vulkus View Post
    I read the manual cover to cover, watched a ton of videos on Youtube, then finally test rode it. I realised I had a death grip and then relaxed and the wobbles stopped.
    Finally picked it up today, and rode it home 80Km. I'm surprised at how straight it tracked, the previous owner has already put BajaRon suspension on it and Nangkang tyres. Very little for me to do other than ride it. I will be putting the brake pedal extender on it, as my size 15US boot just doesn't fit to well.
    Welcome Vulcus……congrats on the new ride. You should love it.
    As a fellow size 15 boot owner, I can sympathise

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the congrats and welcomes everyone. Just a question regarding fuel. The sticker under the seat says min 91 Octane, is it better to run 95. And will the Spyder actually recognise 95 octane?
    2015 Spyder RT Special series Se6
    Really a mutant cross between a special series and a Limited.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the congrats and welcomes everyone. Just a question regarding fuel. The sticker under the seat says min 91 Octane, is it better to run 95. And will the Spyder actually recognise 95 octane?
    You’ll get a zillion (well, at least a million) answers to this Vulcus……and the Americans will be referring to a different system to us, where their 87 (AKI) equals our 91 (RON), their 91 (AKI) equals our 95 (RON) etc. In a nutshell, you can not do ANY harm running 91, 95 or 98 RON. I have been running 98 for 7 years with no issues, but will occasionally run 95 if 98 is not available. I don’t need to do that….it’s just what I do. I know riders who are running 91 with no issues. If you are happy paying for 95, that’s the ticket

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 12-31-2022 at 11:15 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Nice! Welcome to the Spyderverse
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 RTS (Not sure what the S stands for) I put new tires, and a few Trans AM Decals. lol Oh, I use 93 Pump Gas in mine.
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

2015 RTL SE6_Fr.jpg
    First off, congratulations! Great looking Spyder!

As far as "brake pedal extender" I'm not quite sure what you mean. But if it is the oversize pedal pad, don't waste your time and money. I wear size 15 as well, tried the pedal pad and found out I had NO room for my boots on the floorboards. The bigger pedal did nothing except take up room and leave me nowhere to rest my foot comfortably. I returned it.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Brake extender pad is good. I have had them on all seven of my Spyders. Makes the brake pedal easier to reach for us size 7 and 8 boot wearers. And, the up side. They don't cost hundreds of dollars.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just another couple of questions if I might. My spyder has 'special series' on the frunk, does that actually mean anything or is it just marketing hype?
    Also, I'm trying to ascertain whether or not I have the belt guard attached. I have a picture however when I use the 'insert image' tab and select the picture, there is no enter or OK button. So I can't post the picture. Not sure why it has stopped working.

Spyder Garage

.... I have a picture however when I use the 'insert image' tab and select the picture, there is no enter or OK button. So I can't post the picture. Not sure why it has stopped working.
    Have you tried to add pictures using 'Manage Attachments' instead of 'Insert Image' I've found it works far more reliably, and better too!

If you aren't sure on how to do this, it is a bit longer method to use, but in my & many other's experience, it's a far surer method, and it's definitely harder to type out the instructions than it is to actually do! So, the doing - either select 'Quick Reply' & then 'Go Advanced', or 'Reply to Thread'; then simply scroll down past the Text' field to the 'Additional Options' field, which will open the 'Manage Attachments' page; where you select 'Upload Files'; choose your pic files from your chosen source; & then once selected, click on 'Upload' at the bottom of that section of the page. That'll make the image address disappear from alongside the Upload link/spot, but it'll then be listed as attached down the page a bit, just above all the acceptable file types & sizes. Once your pics are loaded, you can 'Close this Window' cos they will have been added to your post as attachments & will now appear in the body of your post as thumbnails, so that no matter what size screen your reader has on their viewing device, the post & thread will still open & the Forum software will size the image to suit & fit that screen once they've clicked on the thumbnail - and it can still be enlarged if necessary, unlike with some images, where what you see is what you get! However, please don't add too many pics per Post - anything more than 5 or 6 will likely mean that some recipients may not be able to even open the post &/or thread, let alone read it! So if you want to be sure your intended readers can read the post & thread, and see the pics, stick to uploading 6 pics maximum per post - if you need/want to show some more, simply put up to another 6 attachments in the next &/or following post, and so on as necessary!

If you have further difficulties or need a hand to make it happen, you can always send me or any of the other Mods here a PM, & we'll certainly at least try to help!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-09-2023 at 01:43 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Here is a picture of my spyder belt. Does it look like it has a belt guard attached? As I have no idea.
    Also the bit about the 'special series' does that mean anything, or is it just hype?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just another couple of questions if I might. My spyder has 'special series' on the frunk, does that actually mean anything or is it just marketing hype?
    I would say yes and yes! What's interesting is the line up of all the Spyder models that are listed in the book BRP put out for the 10th anniversary shows a 2016 RT Special Series but not 2015. Do you maybe actually have a 2016 built in early 2015? Maybe the book is wrong. In any case as I recall seeing a Special Series RT it had a limited and unique color scheme, and maybe some other bling or trim. So the Special Series was special, but how special is a good question. I'm sure marketing was behind the scheme so it probably was marketing hype more than anything else. I would liked to have bought the one I saw because it was a bit 'snazzier' than the other RTs.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 01-09-2023 at 07:57 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Here is a picture of my spyder belt. Does it look like it has a belt guard attached? As I have no idea.
    Also the bit about the 'special series' does that mean anything, or is it just hype?
    The belt guard would be behind the cover in the picture. About the only way to see it is with a mirror looking down at the belt from in front of the tire, or from underneath.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

The belt guard that is put on as an aftermarket item actually sets in between the tire and the belt and is mounted on the bottom of the frame rail. You will have to use a mirror and look at the front side of the rear tire and see if it is there between the tire and belt.
    Last edited by Partzman23; 01-09-2023 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Just looked at some old paperwork and it is a 2015 Can-Am Spyder RT SPE SE6. It has F7FC on a sticker under the seat, and in Redbook it states (F7FC; AUS - Special Edition).
    https://www.redbook.com.au/bikes/det...TM-413468?Cr=0

Spyder Garage

Default Special Series

Here’s a page from the 2015 brochure that details the “extras” on the Special Series.
    2022 RT-L , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Welcome Vulcus……congrats on the new ride. You should love it.
    As a fellow size 15 boot owner, I can sympathise

Pete
    Proof that Big Foot DOES exist! (feeling like my 13 size feet are small now...)
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, from the look of that picture. Mine is a mutant cross between the first and second in the selection.
    It is two tone, black and silver, from the special series but doesn't have that Burgundy seat, also has the special series wheels. Has everything the RT-S has minus the fog lights. I thought it was the Limited because that is embossed on to the back seat. Probably doesn't really matter. I just like to know the ins and outs of my machines.
    I might email BRP for fun and ask if they can give me any info based off my vin. Still can't find the colour code anywhere on the bike, either that or I don't know what I'm looking at.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, from the look of that picture. Mine is a mutant cross between the first and second in the selection.
    It is two tone, black and silver, from the special series but doesn't have that Burgundy seat, also has the special series wheels. Has everything the RT-S has minus the fog lights. I thought it was the Limited because that is embossed on to the back seat. Probably doesn't really matter. I just like to know the ins and outs of my machines.
    I might email BRP for fun and ask if they can give me any info based off my vin. Still can't find the colour code anywhere on the bike, either that or I don't know what I'm looking at.
    The no fog lights and the Limited seat makes me wonder if it was wrecked and repaired. Go to the BRP web site and put the VIN into their recall page. That should return the specific model info I think.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

It wasn't sold to me as a repairable write off. The paniers have RT special series on them also. I still have the second owners purchase receipt and it states the colour as Two Tone silver/black, so at least the colours are correct. It also puts it as a 2015 RT SE6 SE.