Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RTL Luggage - Frunk Rollerbag

Good condition fully functional 2014 RTL factory rollerbag (that I received with the bike with I bought it new in 2014) for sale. All is perfectly like new except carry strap at top of the rollerbag broke several years ago and I replaced it with a piece of an old leather belt. It wasn't abused - the carry strap and fasteners were made of substandard materials. The photos show the replacement handle and repair hardware clearly. It's only been on a dozen 2 or 3 night trips. I want $40 for the rollerboard, picked up from my Dunwoody, Georgia (a metro Atlanta close-in suburb).

I'll ship it, but that's likely prohibitively expensive. Check the prices yourself on the UPS or the USPS websites. It'll weight only abt 9 lb, but it requires an 18" x 14" x 16" box (from the UPS store - I'll buy the box from UPS ). With those dimensions and my starting zip code (30338) and the 9 lb weight, you can get a close estimate of the shipping cost - which could be over $90 if as far as Seattle!).

I've been told it will be a perfect fit for the frunk of Spyder RTs from 2010 through 2018. I've been further told that it will fit in the frunk of 2019 through 2022 RTs, but not a close fit - room for additional items in beside the rollerboard.

The outside dimensions of the rollerboard (handle collapsed) are 10.5" x 12.5" x 18.5" (the long dimension will have a bit of "bulge") but those dimensions only make sense if you look at the attached photos. It is a VERY correct shape to FULLY occupy the frunk of my Spyder RT.

For those of you who read this who know what years this rollerboard will fit, I'd appreciate a shout-out as to how old (2010?) and how new (2018 correct fit and up to 2022 loose fit?) will work for a BRP rollerbag issued with a 2014 RT as part of its LTD equipment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PatrickH; 12-31-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Good condition fully functional 2014 RTL factory rollerbag (that I received with the bike with I bought it new in 2014) for sale. All is perfectly like new except carry strap at top of the rollerbag broke several years ago and I replaced it with a piece of an old leather belt. It wasn't abused - the carry strap and fasteners were made of substandard materials. The photos show the replacement handle and repair hardware clearly. It's only been on a dozen 2 or 3 night trips. I want $40 for the rollerboard, picked up from my Dunwoody, Georgia (a metro Atlanta close-in suburb).

I'll ship it, but that's likely prohibitively expensive. Check the prices yourself on the UPS or the USPS websites. It'll weight only abt 9 lb, but it requires an 18" x 14" x 16" box (from the UPS store - I'll buy the box from UPS ). With those dimensions and my starting zip code (30338) and the 9 lb weight, you can get a close estimate of the shipping cost - which could be over $90 if as far as Seattle!).

I've been told it will be a perfect fit for the frunk of Spyder RTs from 2010 through 2018. I've been further told that it will fit in the frunk of 2019 through 2022 RTs, but not a close fit - room for additional items in beside the rollerboard.

The outside dimensions of the rollerboard (handle collapsed) are 10.5" x 12.5" x 20" but those dimensions only make sense if you look at the attached photos. It is a VERY correct shape to FULLY occupy the frunk of my Spyder RT.

For those of you who read this who know what years this rollerboard will fit, I'd appreciate a shout-out as to how old (2010?) and how new (2018 correct fit and up to 2022 loose fit?) will work for a BRP rollerbag issued with a 2014 RT as part of its LTD equipment.

That's a good deal. And I can testify that the handles of these bags are very fragile and will come loose very easily. I like your fix, and will be doing the same to mine.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

How does it fit in an 18'X 14" X 16" box if you measured it to be 10.5" x 12.5" x 20". Isn't the box too short?
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

LongIsland,
    The UPS store person measured it for the box selection then I later measured it for another forum member who asked what the dimensions were. I didn't compare the 2. GOOD CATCH. I'll recheck my measurements and issue a correction to my post. Thanks a million.
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder

Spyder Garage

Blacklightening, it wasn't difficult and my photos tell pretty much the whole repair story. If you are interested in functionality, it's a good fix. Not a very classy look, though.
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    How does it fit in an 18'X 14" X 16" box if you measured it to be 10.5" x 12.5" x 20". Isn't the box too short?
    See revised dimensions. The 18" length will be a little "stretched" using that standard size UPS box. PatrickH