Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Sorry, but you'll still be pumping gas for a bit of a while....

Yes,I am being oppressed by the patriarchy Poor poor pitiful me
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    When the batteries are developed and then the patent is sold to gas companies, you will never see that technology ever again (Texaco bought the battery patent for the Saturn Cars batteries)
    They all got scrapped and the people who leased them wanted to buy and could not, instead, they were sent to a junk yard (there was nothing wrong with the cars)
    Uh, I think you need to check some facts. Saturn was never an electric vehicle. It got closed down due to incompetent upper level GM managers from other divisions being transferred to Saturn and brought their old anti-quality practices with them. They transformed Saturn from an innovative quality car manufacturer to just another run of the mill don't give a damn about quality car company.

It was NiMH battery patents that Texaco bought. It did have an adverse impact on some early EV production but some cars still use them so their availability hasn't been totally shut off. And they're being replaced by Lion batteries.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

When they get them to a 300-mile range with 15-minute full recharge and the infrastructure to support all the other electrical requirements across the entire country, I might think about an electric Spyder. As for now, I'm relatively satisfied with my 175-mile range and 10-minute refills to be on my way again.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)