Spyder Garage

Default Need info & pics on Spyder Fog Light Removal?

Can I please have some information on how to remove the fog Light with heaps of really good Pictures, and all the info on how to:
    Remove Bolts?
    Remove fasteners?
    Remove panels?

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2022 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question

Spyder Garage

For What YEAR Spyder RT, Oh and for the Australian version not the US/North American version?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    For What YEAR Spyder RT, Oh and for the Australian version not the US/North American version?
    He's asking elsewhere how to remove the RH Lower Tail light on a 2011 RT, so there's a pretty good chance that's the same Spyder he wants to remove the Fog Lights on.

And seeing he's actually called them Fog Lights, there's also a reasonable chance that he knows US Spec RT Spyders get to run their optional Fog Lights down there where our AU/EU Spec Spyders have their LO Beam Headlights, while our OE Upper Head Lights are HI Beam Only!

There again, an increasing number of Ozzies are converting their OE Upper Headlights to dual filament Hi/Lo lights, leaving the Lower light assy for Fog or Daytime Running Lights... with a few others converting the Upper lights to both Hi/Lo lights while still keeping the Lowers working as LO Beam too; and others just keeping the Lowers on when the Uppers go on with HI Beam - for those who care a rat's about it, that last option is often referred to as Pogo's Four-Eyes Conversion, or sometimes just plain old 4-eyes; so who really knows.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I thought he was on about a fog light. Guess my Strine could do with some work.

Spyder Garage

Yeah I know its hard to know what the fog lights look like???????
    Next time Ill post a photo
    Oh???? and I think their all Canadian Vesions But probably wrong
    And figured out how to do it

Spyder Garage

Just what are you trying to do? Change bulbs, or remove them all together?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kooler2 View Post
    Yeah I know its hard to know what the fog lights look like???????
    Next time Ill post a photo
    Oh???? and I think their all Canadian Vesions But probably wrong
    And figured out how to do it
    They might all be made in Canada Kooler, but there are different Standard fit-outs depending on where they're going.

The 2010-2019 Australian/European Spec RT's didn't get Fog Lights at all, we got Lo Beam lights only in the Lower light Assy up front, with Hi Beam only in the Upper Light Assy; while US/Canadian Spec RT's have blank inserts down there in the Base model versions, with both Hi & Lo Beams provided via a single filament globe with Hi/Lo selected via a shutter arrangement in the Upper Light Assy, and with those Fog Lights available only as an option; but then the Fog Lights did come as standard fittings on the US/Can Spec higher level S, T, & Ltd models as Fog lights with a Fog Light selector switch included in the dash panel below the steering shaft.

And the Fog Light configuration & model applications all changed again with the release of the 2020 RT's!!

But clearly, they aren't really all Canadian versions at all, just some of them, and if yours was initially purchased in Australia, it didn't come from the factory with Fog lights at all.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-22-2022 at 08:29 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

So Peter, what your saying iis down under they have the housing, but no bulbs in there?? Because in that picture the clear housing is there!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So Peter, what your saying iis down under they have the housing, but no bulbs in there?? Because in that picture the clear housing is there!
    No Mikey, on Aus Spec Spyders, that lower housing contains the LO Beam Lights, & NOT Fog Lights, we don't get those at all on our RT's.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kooler2 View Post
    Can I please have some information on how to remove the fog Light with heaps of really good Pictures, and all the info on how to:
    Remove Bolts?
    Remove fasteners?
    Remove panels?

Thank you
    This is the type of project where you would be well served, and find the answers you need, by shelling out about $30 for a service manual and referring to it. www.canammanuals.com. Be mindful of the fact that the effort required by a member here to compile an answer for you has already been accomplished by the manual writers.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I reckon the smart money would be on ignoring this bloke and his whizzbang questions. He has gone dark and so cant be helped.

Just what are you trying to do? Change bulbs, or remove them all together?