Spyder Garage

Default Passenger seat lock not locking - can it be adjusted?

I have a 2022 f3s, the passenger seat lock will not lock the seat, the lock mechanism only has the smallest amount of visible catch, On the latch for the frunk the catch is out covering almost half of the hole, does anyone know if this can be adjusted? I’ve tried fiddling with it but to no avail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2022 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terrym View Post
    I have a 2022 f3s, the passenger seat lock will not lock the seat, the lock mechanism only has the smallest amount of visible catch, On the latch for the frunk the catch is out covering almost half of the hole, does anyone know if this can be adjusted? I’ve tried fiddling with it but to no avail.
    If your seat works the same way as any PIN type latch does .... it could be the PIN is not going into the LATCH mechanism deep enough. This prevents the groove in the PIN from allowing the latch to slide in. .... That's the best way I can think of to describe how the Latch works. .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Have you tried lubricating the mechanism to ensure its working correctly at all?

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies, the image I took in my first post is the most that the catch covers the mechanism, it does not come out far enough to secure the seat pin, the pin clicks into the mechanism as it should but there is not enough catch showing to hold it in place.

Spyder Garage

So what your saying is that the pin isn't long enough to sit down in the lock to latch?? If so adjust the pin so it dose! Or try taking the pin right out of the seat and by hand see if you can push it down into the latch and make it lock, see what's going on up close and personal wjth out the seat in the way! Good luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So what your saying is that the pin isn't long enough to sit down in the lock to latch?? If so adjust the pin so it dose! Or try taking the pin right out of the seat and by hand see if you can push it down into the latch and make it lock, see what's going on up close and personal wjth out the seat in the way! Good luck!!
    I don't believe TerryM is saying it's the PIN that's not long enough, but rather he's saying that it's the catch lever that latches onto the pin that's not reaching far enough out into the hole the pin head drops into to actually catch the slot in the side of the pin....

So adjusting the pin won't help him at all, cos it's the latch that's not reaching far enough out into the hole to let it catch the slot in the side of the pin; he needs to be able to adjust the latch throw so that it will project further into the hole that the pin drops into, thereby allowing it to catch the slot on the pin & so hold it down.

And I haven't played with enough 2022 F3's to know if there is any adjust on that at all... Sorry!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

To my eye, it appears the latch lever may need to be adjusted.

My first instinct would be to adjust the catch by one of these methods:
    1) Loosen the bolts on either side of the latch and see if a minor position change lets it fall better into place... OR
    2) Slightly bend the lever arm end where the cable connects, toward the spring. This would allow the catch to seat itself deeper into the pin as you need it to... OR
    3) Adjust the cable from the other end, where it connects to the mechanism at the ignition switch (assuming the F3 is similar to my Spyder RT). This would be much more difficult than either 1 or 2, imho.

My $0.02 (adjusted for inflation).
    2022 Spyder RTL – MCRN TACHI

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the replies, Peter Aawen you got it spot on, I’ve tried lubricant all over the latch as per the dealership suggestion (they said it cannot be adjusted), but the mechanism is free moving, when I unclip the cable from the housing the catch moves to where it should be (as per the one in the frunk) it’s as if I need more tension in the spring to get the lever to go back, I will try and follow the cable just in case there is a kink somewhere.

Spyder Garage

What AZ said. Disconnect the cable, and see if the latch has full range. If so, the cable is too tight. Follow the cable to the adjuster, and give it some slack. If the latch still won’t work, examine for defects. Can you do a video of the latch, while you turn the key? Might help.
    Cheers! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Ah, typing at the same time!
    Follow the cable. If not kinked or pinched, try to lube it. Use electrical tape to make a funnel, pour in a real light machine oil, and work the cable. If it cannot be freed, replace it. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system