Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Would be nice to have a 2020 & Up RT only category on here

Wouldn't you guys like to have a 2020 & up RT category on here ? Since its a totally different machine in every way, it would seem easier to get the right answers and more organized. What's your thoughts ?
    2022 Spyder RTL

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On one hand it would, but that could also have been said for the 2010-2013 since they have a totally different drivetrain. But I do feel you. With the exception of how to take items off (plastic), it is still largely the same as the other 1330's.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

YES.
    no matter what motor powered vehicle forum you go on each generation of said vehicle has their own sub forum.

WE MOST DEFINITELY NEED ONE FOR 2020 PLUS CAN AM SPYDER RT-L.

Spyder Garage

Never thought about it. It may be useful, but would require more work from the hosts/moderators.
    It would get rid of the need to tell your year and model, but I don't mind doing that either.
    If it happens, cool. If not, still cool.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    YES.
    no matter what motor powered vehicle forum you go on each generation of said vehicle has their own sub forum.

WE MOST DEFINITELY NEED ONE FOR 2020 PLUS CAN AM SPYDER RT-L.
    I agree 100% also, It was your comment on a topic that inspired this post. The body style change is an entirely new/different machine that requires its own category. The only thing in common is the motor and there is a category for that already.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    Wouldn't you guys like to have a 2020 & up RT category on here ? Since its a totally different machine in every way, it would seem easier to get the right answers and more organized. What's your thoughts ?
    I agree with having this new forum put up.
    Oftentimes I am reading through a whole line of posts only to discover that often people are accidentally, albeit with good intentions, responding with ideas/fixes that relate only to pre-2020 models in some way and therefore not relevant to the specific discussion.
    Moderators… thank you for considering this new forum.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

I can also compare it to like when you browse for accessory parts, and it doesn't say" fits 2020 and up models" it just creates confusion if it will work or not. But most accessory sites have a separate category just for 20 & up that makes it so much easier to shop. There can be so many benefits to doing this on here.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

This moderator is watching. The subject will be discussed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    This moderator is watching. The subject will be discussed.
    I'd have to agree. The 2020+ model RT has enough design differences to warrant its own category.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

The problem is, you can’t just create a new category for the ‘20+ models on the Forum. Many members look at “new posts” which incorporates posts from every category, and unless they are switched on enough to check the category, you will still get members trying to be helpful, but posting incorrect information for the wrong model. Plus, you will undoubtedly get posters unaware of the category into which they are posting.

Until everyone starts putting their model/year in their signature (or at least a photo in their profile), and those responding check for the model/year to which the OP is referring, confusion will reign supreme.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    The problem is, you can’t just create a new category for the ‘20+ models on the Forum. Many members look at “new posts” which incorporates posts from every category, and unless they are switched on enough to check the category, you will still get members trying to be helpful, but posting incorrect information for the wrong model. Plus, you will undoubtedly get posters unaware of the category into which they are posting.

Until everyone starts putting their model/year in their signature (or at least a photo in their profile), and those responding check for the model/year to which the OP is referring, confusion will reign supreme.

Pete
    I dont think that point alone could justify not having one at all, there is a bigger need for it than not. There will always be some people, no matter what you do, that just don't read enough into what they respond to. It's like that on every platform no matter how well categorized it is.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-19-2022 at 08:21 PM. Reason: then (a point in time) - than (a comparison or joining preposition)
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Pete
    It has been a while, how do I change that? I am on my 3rd spyder since I last updated that information.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-19-2022 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    It has been a while, how do I change that? I am on my 3rd spyder since I last updated that information.
    ‘Settings” up the top right of this screen, then “edit signature” and “save”. Blacklightning.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Pete
    But Pete, the right most column of the "What's New" section identifies which forum it came from. When scanning the "new Posts" all one has to do is move your eyes over to that column and you will know it's from the 20+ forum. Thank you for all you do for us Spyder Lovers.
    Last edited by Valkrocket; 12-20-2022 at 05:40 AM. Reason: correction
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

‘Settings” up the top right of this screen, then “edit signature” and “save”. Blacklightning.

Pete
    Thank you. Been a long time and my memory isn't quite what it used to be. Lol!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Thank you. Been a long time and my memory isn't quite what it used to be. Lol!
    Hahaha…….you’re not alone, blacklightning. The only reason I knew was that I spent ages trying to find it recently to upgrade the info to my new RT. It’s not really intuitive as you would expect to find it under the heading of “My Profile”, not “Settings”

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    But Pete, the right most column of the "What's New" section identifies which forum it came from. When scanning the "new Posts" all one has to do is move your eyes over to that column and you will know it's from the 20+ forum. Thank you for all you do for us Spyder Lovers.
    I agree completely, Valk and Rick, but there are only a few like you who look at the category name on the right. I have to admit that I usually don’t, but I do look closely at the thread to determine the model/year to which the OP is referring, if I am planning on posting a reply. I have absolutely no aversion to having a ‘20+ RT category, but I do feel that it will not alleviate the issue of posters not bothering to ensure they are posting information for the correct model if they are using the “What’s New” option. How you address that is beyond me, unfortunately…….but I am definitely not anti a new category

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 12-20-2022 at 04:09 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    I 100% agree with you Rick.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The potential problem with adding a new category is it can actually make forum threads harder to find! I've experienced this with my own personal filing system at home and when I had a print shop many years ago. What happens when you have a bunch of neat little categories for filing, you can often not figure out the best category to put the item in. Then when you go look for it you end up scanning through many categories because the item isn't in the category you first think it will be in. Sometimes it's easier to sort through one large pile than several small piles! So an additional category may just increase confusion.

When I had the print shop I ended up creating one folder for each customer's job. Those were filed alphabetically by customer name making them easy to find. To do a print job I made a negative, and then used that negative to make the printing plate. I found the best way to store the negatives and plates was to serialize them and store them numerically. The serial number was then entered into the customer's job folder, which contained the composition of art and type. It worked good most of the time!

I don't necessarily think my method would work here in the forum, but I offer it up to illustrate that keeping items sorted and easily found is not always as easy as it seems it should be.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I agree with the need. The 20+ are as different as 18+ GoldWings from previous 1800s. Should aid both those seeking 20+ info and others seeking older, plus maybe encourage posting only 20+ info and not confusing issues.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

4 months since the question has been asked and not addressed.

We need our own sub forum for 2020 +.

Spyder Garage

Hmm, over 28,000 members; more than 6,000 of them active on the boards & posting regularly; and yet over the last 5 months there's been what, 116 members read this thread but just 6 members posting in here to show that they want a new sub-forum for the latest models... I can't really see it as a priority - at least not yet!

But I'll give it a bump to see if any more interested members will post up in here anyway.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2023 at 01:36 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Just for those claiming this thread should be elsewhere, if this thread wasn't moved to where it was meant to be in the first place, where the owners/operators of the place that you all are using expect to find support requests, then it'd be a REAL indicator that there's absolutely NO POINT in having sections and sub-forums for anything, wouldn't it?! Cos if YOU can just stick whatever you feel like in whatever section or sub-forum you feel like, then surely everyone else should be allowed to do the same, shouldn't they... And THAT would totally remove the need for another sub-forum.

You can't have it both ways - either you and everyone else puts things where they should go, including this thread (posts in which btw still appear in the New Posts or Today's Posts searches that the majority of readers use to see what's been added lately) or if you don't bother & don't see a need to do that, then surely no-one else need bother too, and we know that'd mean that there's no point in adding a new sub-forum cos no-one'll use it anyway!

And THAT is the END of any discussion about where this thread should be! It is EXACTLY where requests of this nature should be. If you want a new sub-forum, post your support, but any arguing about why this thread is here is finished!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2023 at 10:13 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I agree there should be a 2020+ RT forum.

Only 6 people made the direct comment but I wouldn’t be surprised if more are in agreement but just don't bother to make a comment to this thread. A good example for needing the split is the seat / trunk strut threads that get all the comments mixed up and leading to confusion for many.

Maybe something as simple a poll when coming on to the SL site for a month to get user feedback would be helpful in making the decision.
    Last edited by al0vely; 05-08-2023 at 06:33 PM.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

+1 on a separate category. I too get lost when pre-2020 owners dominate a thread, and people also posting a reply to someone with a 2020+ saying 'I don't have one, but this works on a 2014...etc."

My $0.02.
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray