Spyder Garage

Default 2022 RT limited throws codes every ride! Anyone else having these issues?

Getting pretty frustrated with this bike. We picked it up in August and drove it home 400 miles with no issues. Next time we took it out the VSS Code came on. We took it to the shop, they said they fixed it, software update and charged battery. Took it home and Limp Mode came on again after leaving shop. Took it back and they had it for a month, they said they opened a ticket with Can Am and did another software update and replaced the battery. Rode it home & it went into Limp Mode 3 times. 3rd time I took a pic of the codes. Anyone else having these issues?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-17-2022 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

First, since I know it's under warranty, I would start checking grounds. Then I would check all the Can Bus connections - one bent pin on a connection can cause a world of hurt!

Just my .04¢ worth.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-17-2022 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Caps & '.'s ;-)

Spyder Garage

I got the C1290 a few times on our new 22 RTL when it started slow, I believe that one is the battery not having enough charge. I am going to have it looked at in the spring. I have heard by the dealer they are known for bad batteries.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

I had a bad battery on a 2022 Rt for what it’s worth .

Spyder Garage

After this winter also have the code thrown and a tough time on startup. Battery was on drip charge all winter. Believe its time for a new battery, just not sure what to get. Perhaps Lithium Ion- but certainly not the $80 Yuasa crap that can be found on Amazon.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kablaam360 View Post
    After this winter also have the code thrown and a tough time on startup. Battery was on drip charge all winter. Believe its time for a new battery, just not sure what to get. Perhaps Lithium Ion- but certainly not the $80 Yuasa crap that can be found on Amazon.
    $ 80-.00 Yuasa ????? .... Did you get the correct size ????? ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I just put a Noco NLP20 (lithium) battery in mine. 600 cranking amps vs 350 on the Yusa.
    I searched on Noco's website about the warranty, 5 years with a proof of purchase. Without proof of purchase the warranty starts with the manufactured date which is in the serial number.

Through Noco or an authorized dealer, around 180.00 through ebay 110.00 and up.

I did the 110.00 from ebay.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

All of the 2022 and newer Spyders I've seen are being shipped with Chinese batteries, not Yuasa's. Yuasa's are made in the USA and are very dependable. I've changed out Chinese batteries for friends' that haven't gotten 6 months out of them. I have the NOCO Lithium in my 2020RTL and love it.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Have you explored a lemon law case.