Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default Charley Bennellison

Fast forward a few years and add a few more models and countries to the lineup. It's not would it's when.
    https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ce936...tZW50cy8&ntb=1
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I haven't really looked at the Chinese offerings and probably wouldn't buy a Chinese bike per say, but ANY motorcycle you buy these days will have a healthy dose of Chinse sourced parts on it even Harley Davidson. A quick Google search of any brand and where it is manufactured is an eye opener.
    yes they will have chinese parts on them but they have much better quality control than the all chinese bikes
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

There was a 3 wheel motorcycle made in china about 12 years ago called Icebear. The owners stated on their site that the bike needed to be maintained religiously at the required intervals otherwise you would have problems with the bike. warranty work had to be done by the owner from parts sent by the originating company. Even if you used the recommended interval it was recommended you keep certain spare parts on hand. Buy chinese no way if I can help it
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by remus View Post
    ...warranty work had to be done by the owner from parts sent by the originating company...
    That sounds like in the 3D Printer Industry. If one has an Issue with the Printer they send spare parts and a link to a Video that shows how to repair it. I ordered a well defined 3D Printer via EBay. The deliverer did send me an other model of the same Marque. I complained. They gave me an 10% Discount on the selling price and pleased me not to send back. It's like you order a CanAm Spyder and get delivered a F3 or whatever.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Yes I would

vito1943
    Would you buy a new Spyder if BRP was bought by the Chinese and the bikes were made in China?
    If the Chinese kept BRP's quality and I was buying a new Spyder, Yes I would without hesitation.

As I've said before, BRP's Spyder-series is a well-engineered, well-fabricated, well-priced blend of tailored off-the-shelf components (engine, electronics) and custom components (chassis, bodywork).

China's Geely rescued high-tech Volvo (https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidki...h=2380fe1560bc) and the partnership has been a market success, reliability and otherwise.

vito1943
    But this month's Rider magazine does a review of a few bikes made by CFMOTO, now with a U.S. headquarters in Minneapolis, a Chinese firm, and they give it a very positive review.
    Seven years ago Rider found CFMoto to be affordable but well made (https://ridermagazine.com/2015/05/18...but-well-made/). Rider also cited CFMoto's relationship with well-respected KTM. Since then Rider consistently reviewed CFMoto's motorcycles positively.

vito1943
    China is America's primary adversary
    There is wisdom here and as much as I would like to continue the discussion this is not the correct forum.

==========

I just couldn't resist adding this Made in the USA picture of Latrippe's sprocket:
    Made in the USA.jpg
    from his https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1656000 post.
    Last edited by BertRemington; 12-21-2022 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added picture of Latrippe's sprocket
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

In a heartbeat, especially motorcycles. Loved my Honda’s and Yamaha’s. If I was looking for an ATV, CFMoto also would be at the top of my list.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2023 at 11:01 PM. Reason: ' 's & caps
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 190243 View Post
    In a heartbeat, especially motorcycles. Loved my Honda’s and Yamaha’s. If I was looking for an ATV, CFMoto also would be at the top of my list.
    Hondas and Yamahas are Japanese. The question was about buying a Chinese motorcycle.

There is a difference.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2023 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Hondas and Yamahas are Japanese. The question was about buying a Chinese motorcycle.

There is a difference.
    Right on. Personally, I would not buy anything Chinese at this point, if I had a choice. And, with powersports, there are plenty of choices.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Have spent the last two days researching a 2020 SSR Motorsport (BSA) enduro/motorcross bike, the SR300S. Looks to be a VERY good copy of (mostly) Honda CRF parts, with a very common Chinese engine that is proving to be very reliable. Might be in my future ...

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You already are doing that along with your car, truck, stove, refrigerator, microwave oven,
    computer, phone, tires, wheels, TV, and a thousand other things.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Right on. Personally, I would not buy anything Chinese at this point, if I had a choice. And, with powersports, there are plenty of choices.

+1
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post

There is a difference.
    Japan ,Chinese doesn’t matter most parts for everything comes from that part of the world anyway.
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 190243 View Post
    Japan ,Chinese doesn’t matter most parts for everything comes from that part of the world anyway.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I lived in that part of the world for about 5 years. Owned and rode motorcycles there.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Ding Ding Ding .. This answer right here. My son against my advice when he was a teenager went online and bought one of these. Main drive shaft was bent within the first month from his weight.

And of course the places stated by the manufacturer to get warranty work were no longer taking any warranty work because of 1) They were overwhelmed from the amount coming in for repair 2) The manufacturer stopped paying for the warranty repairs.
    Unfortunately, parts availability and getting good service seems to plague BRP too. Witness the recent issues with the sprocket recall, and that Spyder dealers are getting few and far between compared to a few years ago.

But I'm not inclined to purchase anything from China that doesn't have a reasonable chance for making repairs or returns. A lot of Chinese electronics fall into the category of "if it breaks, throw it away" so as I result I take a pass.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome