Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTWolfie View Post
    They have already replaced the LH switch cluster, unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. Neither has disconnecting all of my aftermarket tail lighting. My dealer is really good and I believe they are trying to solve the issue, but the fact is only shows up randomly is making it hard for them to nail down the cause. They have been in contact with BRP and have an active case going with them.
    That response of mine that you quoted RTWolfie, was directed specifically at ClayJ's issues.

Still, I reckon I've posted this about your issues before; but I can't help but think that whoever replaced your LH Switch Cluster didn't do the most careful of jobs, and they've either pinched or kinked/damaged some wires during that replacement cluster install, or they've failed to properly fix/connect a connector or two in there somewhere?! Altho considering the intermittent nature of your ongoing issues, maybe it's not just pinched wires or a loose connector being jostled by wiring movements as you ride... it might even be that one or more of the pins in a connector aren't fully/properly seated & so they are only loosely engaged & occasionally don't connect well enough? Has anyone ever pulled all the panels off and rechecked all the first lot of replacement work, &/or checked each of the connectors in the loom that might've been touched/moved??

Or maybe you've just entirely lucked out and have managed to score a second faulty LH Cluster?! It's not beyond the realms of possibility - it certainly wouldn't be the first time or likely the last time either, that a 'supposedly good' replacement also failed!?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2024 at 04:58 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Well Clay I think they finally fixed it. They replaced the Windshield Control Module and it's been 3 weeks with no recurrence. The last code they pulled was "U0128 - Lost Communication with Park Brake Control Module (PBCM)". It seems the Windshield Control Module was faulty and it's apparently on the same line as the Park Brake Control Module. The bike thought the parking brake was on, and so wouldn't allow me to do anything but shift down.
    2019 RT Limited running a Stage 2 from Monster EFI
    Baja Ron sway bar
    RLS Crusher exhaust
    Semi Custom wrap
    Ultimate seat

Spyder Garage

Thanks RTWolfie. Unfortunately that doesn't sound like a cheap solution.

I've only had one instance of failure to shift-up in the last 10 months and 5,000 miles, and it self corrected after 30 seconds. I'm hoping it's gone or become so infrequent that I just won't have to deal with it again. But it's good to know it's an option if it does come back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ClayJ View Post
    After my last post, I had about 6 months where the problem never occurred. I rode probably 5,000 miles in that time. Then last week I towed the bike down to Arizona (from Colorado) to get a few good rides in. On one of the rides, I pulled onto the highway and felt the dreaded dry shift. Pushed 3 or 4 times and it finally shifted. I did the entire 400 mile ride without any issues.

Later in the week it occurred again on a short ride, and it wouldn't come back. I shut the bike off, waited 15 minutes, and it started and shifted just fine, so I did my ride.

In all my problems, I have never been stranded by the bike. It's annoying to have to sit for 15 to 20 minutes, but the shift has always come back to life and let me complete the ride.

Reading through the other posts, I don't see anyone who's reported back after a long time indicating the problem was fixed. Of course, I'd have thought mine was fixed until it wasn't. I have not disconnected my brake light flasher. Maybe I'll try that.

Photo from my Arizona ride.

Just a quick question, by any chance when this DRY SHIFT happens where you going into or shifting out of a shape curve, on ramp, ect? because if you were, it may be a case of your Nanny telling you to behave yourself! I think there's a setting in there that they can adjust to lessen that from happening!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

No, there is no specific ride conditions associated with the problem (for me). The majority of the time this happens in the first 10 minutes of my ride, so low speeds, city streets. Often just shifting reverse to 1st after backing out of the garage. Only a few times have I had it happen hours into a ride.

Turning the bike off and waiting 15 minutes or more has always recovered the bike so I've never been stranded anywhere.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2024 at 11:28 AM. Reason: garate... ;-)