Spyder Garage

Spyder 2013 Spyder ST - who supplies hard saddlebags/tour packs?

Howdy, all

Looking at getting a used 2013 Spyder ST SE5. Got spoiled on a Goldwing and a Road Glide ultra; want saddlebags and top trunk. I looked through other posts dealing with one or the other. Found mentions of Givi, Shad, and Mutazu. Revzilla told me that in spite of what their site says, they don't sell any luggage compatible with the ST there. They recommended me to MotorcycleID, which was again a fizzle. Browsing hereabouts I found mention of the above-mentioned brands. Givi looked good, but they don't seem to have mounting hardware for them (nor mention of where I might find some). Shad, same thing; plenty of the luggage, but no bike-specific mounting hardware. Mutazu has at least hard bags, with (I think) a mounting rack.

Can anyone point me to a source (short of BRP, who lost my interest at the price-gouging prices) for hard saddlebags, trunks, and the mounting hardware I'd need to put both on my bike? My google-fu is apparently not as good as I thought it was...

Thanks!

Davey
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-10-2022 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

This link is not to an ST thread, but still may be helpful

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...dollar-luggage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-11-2022 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added Clarity for some readers..... ;-)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks!

Not to be difficult, but... why would an ST thread not be an ST thread?

Dj

Spyder Garage

Argh.

Many posts in that thread, but the OP never got around to telling us what mounting hardware he used (and maybe where to look for it). And the thread's seven years old, so responding to it seems rude. Looked like he was using Givis, but I'm uncertain whether he was hinting that the mounting hardware could/might be BRP's re-branded ones. And the stuff's too expensive to just buy something at random and hope for the best.

Dj
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-11-2022 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Reverted to default font for ease of reading - other too light/pale/tiny for some!! :-/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by homyakchik View Post
    Argh.

Many posts in that thread, but the OP never got around to telling us what mounting hardware he used (and maybe where to look for it). And the thread's seven years old, so responding to it seems rude. Looked like he was using Givis, but I'm uncertain whether he was hinting that the mounting hardware could/might be BRP's re-branded ones. And the stuff's too expensive to just buy something at random and hope for the best.

Dj
    Not sure if it'll help all that much, but another poster in that thread linked above by Bfromla referred to using 'Wingrack mounting brackets' (see post #23) but Mike,P, the OP of that thread, did include a pic in post #29 of his RH mount showing how the additional bracketry supporting the Givi Quick Release mount was bolted onto his F3, and gave some details too:

The long horizontal bracket is 20 in long / the stabilizer bracket in the first pic is 9 in and runs from the first hand hold bolt to the lowest wing rack support.. The vertical bracket is 2 1/2 in by 4 in.. There is a half in spacer between the vertical bracket and the rear handhold bolt n the horizontal bracket.....
    Sure, that won't necessarily help directly for your ST, but there's a few 'add-ons' for the ST's that are at least partially secured to the bike via the 2 screws on each side that you should be able to see when you lift the seat - they screw into the top/side edges of the tupperware; one up towards the rear of the bike; & the other about half way down the side towards the front of the seat. They seem to screw into tabs on the underlying frame, so maybe you could use those to support a similar style rail using custom fabricated 'angle stand-out brackets' or a frame so that the rail can carry the top of something similar to those Givi Quick Release Mounts??

There again, Mike,P was active on the Forum as recently as June this year, so maybe a PM to him might get thru?? I guess you'll never know unless you try...

But regardless, I don't think you'll find anything that's particularly 'cheap' that'll work with your Spyder, unless maybe you look at the 'throw-over' style saddlebags to hang off the seat?!

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

& someone to challenge BRP prices https://www.corbin.com/can-am/cabagst.shtml

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    BRP's not the only high-charger (!!!)

Wow. You weren't kidding.

Getting frustrated. Even can-am/brp doesn't seem to sell the minimal luggage rack you need to attach everything else. The one youtube vid showing how to install a top pack on an ST used an out-of-production luggage rack. ARGH.

Dj
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-13-2022 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Removed unreadable font/color controls & moved post title that many can't read into text body....

Spyder Garage

Maybe some at salvage yards. Unfortunately ST was short lived model other models (GS, RS,STS,STL)Parts may fit. As well as custom DIY building. Was the initial interest with the first link & the Givi Tracker bags. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...dollar-luggage. Also worth looking into JT’s NHR

https://spyderstore.com/index.php?ro...&product_id=69. Good luck, sure you can find something fits your goals.

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Spyder Garage

Homyakchik, I've fixed all of your posts so far that used it (1 didn't! ) but have you read the PM I sent asking that you Stop using that very light & fine text Courier font that many find extremely difficult if not impossible to read?

If not, please look for & click on the Red flashing 'Notifications' in the top right corner of each page & follow it to the PM. Then when you open the PM, please click to submit the read receipt, as that will tell me that you have seen the PM & I'll know to stop chasing you about it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-13-2022 at 07:55 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Have you read that PM yet Homyachik? If so, please tick the Send Read Receipt box to confirm....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Homyakchik, please read the latest PM I sent you, AND SEND THE READ RECEIPT for all of them. There's no point
    in you continuing to use that font if no-one can read your posts.

As for replying to PM's, as soon as you've made one post on the Forum you should be able to send PM's; and replying to a PM you've received is as simple as scrolling down past the quoted text & then typing in the Quick Reply text field before hitting the Submit Message button.

Thanks for thinking of the other members here & using the Forum Default Font so that they can read your posts, thereby allowing you to benefit as well as them!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Those Corbin items are BEAUTIFUL, but very pricy. Those bags were another $500 more than the Givi ones that I purchased for mine. Made the GIVI's seem cheap. I did go with the trunk and fairing for my two RS/GS though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red