Spyder Garage

Default Are there any issues with this tire size?

wanting to install vredestein 165/60r15 tires are there any issues with the additional Height of this tire on a 2019 RTL
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-10-2022 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkerrs View Post
    wanting to install vredestein 165/60r15 tires are there any issues with the additional Height of this tire on a 2019 RTL
    No Problem, We mounted these tires on my brother's 2020RTL, and I have 175/55r15 tires on the front of mine.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Knizar, I noticed you have those Centramatic balancers on your Spyder. Did you balance your tires also? The reason I’m asking is, I just put a set of Kumho 175/55r15 tires like you have on my ‘22 RTL. I had mine balanced and one took 1oz, the other one took 2.25oz. I'm thinking of purchasing a set of the Centramatic balancers. Would I have to remove any weights on my wheels? That size tire on the front are tight. I had to reroute my fender light wiring on the brackets. I had to tap these wiring tabs also. Hopefully they will be ok. I can’t try it just yet, got 18” of snow on ground. Thanx Rhino
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2023 at 06:03 AM. Reason: sp... :-/
    2022 Spyder RTL- Chrome , Larger brake pedal Deep Marsala Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    Knizar, I noticed you have those Centramatic balancers on your Spyder. Did you balance your tires also? The reason I’m asking is, I just put a set of Kumho 175/55r15 tires like you have on my ‘22 RTL. I had mine balanced and one took 1oz, the other one took 2.25oz. I'm thinking of purchasing a set of the Centramatic balancers. Would I have to remove any weights on my wheels? That size tire on the front are tight. I had to reroute my fender light wiring on the brackets. I had to tap these wiring tabs also. Hopefully they will be ok. I can’t try it just yet, got 18” of snow on ground. Thanx Rhino
    A small amount of weight is not an issue - if they were spun balanced, then they are balanced. The centramatics aren't going to improve that. However, it's your Money, but there is no such thing as MORE balanced than balanced. ..... JMHO .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2023 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    Rhino, You would NOT have to remove your new balancing weights. These centramatic balancers work to keep the tires balanced as they wear. (I had removed my old weights when I replaced the OEM tires, & not rebalanced other than adding the centramatic balancers, turned out very smooth ride) The larger Kumho tires seem to have a bit wider footprint which makes for very close tolerance, but after over 7K miles I have had No issues. By adding the centramatic balancers will move the tire & rim out away from the fender mounting bracket about 1/16"(which is a Good Thing). I replace my own tires so no need for tire shop and the balancers can be moved from bike to bike. Have them on all three corners....Good Luck Bill
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2023 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"