Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default No RT Limited Chrome for 2023?

I was looking at the 2023 spyder lineup and didn't see a RTL Chrome edition for 2023. It appears this is the first year of them dropping it. I wonder why?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default No Chrome?

....Well? Chrome is Not E-friendly. The by - products are very harmful. You know about hazardous waste. So no worries about polishing the Chrome.

The new look is black.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

To me I like a little bit of bling (chrome) on something. Some of the blackout things look ok, but other wise it’s boring. Although I’m old school, not old, well... ok, older. I don’t think there are many young ones owning spyders - meaning under 40 years of age. I could be wrong. It would be interesting to find out the average age of a spyder owner. If someone has an idea, post it! Thanx Rhino. BE SAFE!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-09-2022 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Added missing letters.... :-/
    2022 Spyder RTL- Chrome , Larger brake pedal Deep Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Interesting how things come and go.

2010 Brought us the Spyder RT-S. The "top of the line" (S) model came in Midnight Black. At the time, I believe it was the only black Spyder in the lineup. I had one. It was #474.

2011 came around and Black became the entry level color...as it is in many line ups now.

PS: I have a 2019 F3L Chrome edition. Linda got her 2020 F3L in the dark version. I prefer the looks of the chrome.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-08-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Chrome on 23 model

To me I like chrome, even the 2020 and newer had a lot less chrome on them. Buying the chrome addition over the dark addition did not get you much chrome . I have a 17RTL chrome addition and I have added extra chrome to it.
    I am sorry to hear they no longer offer a chrome addition on the 23 Spyders. Someone please tell me this is not so.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Note there is still a Platine Option that is something like the chrome but that will cost you 1500 more. Wheel, dash, muffler, floorboard and body trim highlights. Color match mirrors.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 12-08-2022 at 05:01 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Platine is the chrome and the $1500.00 difference has always been the norm over dark
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    ...... I don’t think there are many young ones owning spyders - meaning under 40 years of age. I could be wrong. It would be interesting to find out the average age of a spyder owner. If someone has an idea, post it! Thanx Rhino. BE SAFE!!
    No need to wait for someone else to post that, Rhino, they've done it already! And it's all there waiting for you!

Even if it might not be the greatest, if you want to know something/anything Spyder related, just try the Search facility here - it might really surprise you what info is already on the Forum &/or what might come up if you'd just try a Search or Two!

Just type 'age' into the Search Field (up towards the top right of most pages ) then click to put a tick in the 'Search Titles Only' box in the drop down list before clicking on the magnifying glass, and you'll get a whole bunch of stuff, maybe even a little too much; but a quick read of the titles & maybe a click or two could reveal a lot - or get you into this thread on the age of people posting here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...&highlight=Age

Or this one, a Poll on the age of Spyder Ryders - (btw, there's at least a few aged less than 40! ):

There's even a Roll-call thread for younger Spyder Ryders with no health issues:

And a thread discussing 'How old is too old to start ryding a Spyder':

Another poll on the Average Age of Spyder Ryders:

Plus a Second Edition of the Average Age poll:

And all that's just what I found on the FIRST PAGE of the search results by simply typing in 'Age' & looking in the Titles, but there's about 6 more pages of results to look thru.... .

So if you've got a question, please don't forget to use that Search Facility; or if you don't like the Forum platform's Search offereing, just add 'site: www.spyderlovers.com' to the search string entry in the address bar of whatever your preferred search engine might be! The Forum's been here a pretty long time now, and there's not too much in the Spyder World that hasn't already been touched on at least once - you just hafta look!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-09-2022 at 06:26 PM. Reason: tick.... :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Partzman23 View Post
    To me I like chrome, even the 2020 and newer had a lot less chrome on them. Buying the chrome addition over the dark addition did not get you much chrome . I have a 17RTL chrome addition and I have added extra chrome to it.
    I am sorry to hear they no longer offer a chrome addition on the 23 Spyders. Someone please tell me this is not so.
    I'm a chrome guy, too. When I bought my 2020 RT Limited I bought the Dark because I didn't like the wheels on the chrome model. I've since added a few chrome pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Not at all big on all this black stuff either. Cars have gone that way too, along with dull colors.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I ended up with a blacked out version because I bought used and couldn't beat the deal. But back in 2020, the chrome version had a $2000 rebate at one time, compared to the $1000 rebate on the black version. That made up all but $500 of the difference. In that case, I would have bought the chrome version if I was buying new.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Not a chrome person and love the black look. To add to the age question...56 years and acting like I am in my 20's. Don't Grow Up...It kills.
    2020 Spyder RTL Chalk/Black
    2020 RTL , Chalk / Black