Spyder Garage

Default Anyone successfully installed Slingmods RT Dual Horn Kit?

I had guy that I consider a good tech trying to install the Can-Am Spyder RT Dual Horn Kit from Slingmods on my 2022 Can Am Spyder RTL. Didn't get anywhere. They (Slingmods) have a video posted on their website but at each critical point of it they do not show how it's done. The last parts only show a single horn installed.

Has anyone install one of these successfully??

Help, help
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-04-2022 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

I installed the dual horns last year. It's a tight fit and you have to slightly bend the bracket, but they do fit up in there. The hardest part is bolting the bracket back on because the bolts are not in the most ideal spot.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I installed the dual horns last year. It's a tight fit and you have to slightly bend the bracket, but they do fit up in there. The hardest part is bolting the bracket back on because the bolts are not in the most ideal spot
    I agree with Quickdraw entirely. I installed them on my wife's 2021 S2S. It was something of a pain and an opportunity for creative language, for exactly the reason stated here, but it was worth the effort. It requires patience, some minor bracket bending and convincing yourself it, in fact, can be done. It's been a while since I did this but, as I recall I mounted the bracket first and then mounted (forced in a minor fashion) each horn.

The unfortunate thing about Sling Mods videos is they often gloss over the difficult parts and give the impression it's a snap. Still, their products are good and generally the videos are very helpful (given some thought and patience). Take heart, it can be done.
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I have one on my 2022 RTL. I installed it myself, but I had to have my wife turn the ratchet that was extended through the battery compartment while I lay on the floor and held the nut in place. As I recall, it wasn't difficult. I think it came with a relay that had to be wired in, but that's kind of standard stuff.
    The dual horn sounds much better than the stock horn.
    If you aren't comfortable disconnecting the battery, wiring, wrenching . . ., you should have your dealership do it for you.
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    I have one on my 2022 RTL. I installed it myself, but I had to have my wife turn the ratchet that was extended through the battery compartment while I lay on the floor and held the nut in place. As I recall, it wasn't difficult. I think it came with a relay that had to be wired in, but that's kind of standard stuff.
    The dual horn sounds much better than the stock horn.
    If you aren't comfortable disconnecting the battery, wiring, wrenching . . ., you should have your dealership do it for you.
    Come to think of it, I now recall enlisting my charming wife help with the old BRP "open the frunk and stick the ratchet down through the space in the battery box while I laid on the floor under the machine holding the nut" trick. To do it properly a single person would need one very long arm, fingers nine inches and no more than 1/2 inches in diameter (for our metric friends, that's approximately 30.063749 grams) and equipped with no less than four individual full motion joints. But then, where's the fun if it's easy to do?
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I installed mine by myself. It really wasn't that difficult. I had no help. You will have to loosen the horns in their brackets so you can turn them to get a good fit. You will be happy with the results.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!