Spyder Garage

Default My South Texas ryde today

Left just before noon, returned just about sunset. Headed west about 40 miles for lunch at a favorite sandwich shop, then meandered my way southeast down small two-lane country roads, and finally ended up on US281 right at the southernmost border. And I do mean - right at the border. You can see the border fence/wall, and just a few hundred yards past that is Meh-he-co.

Decided to head on to the very tip of Texas – cruised down State Hwy 4 to the SpaceX facility. At the end of the highway, parked the Spyder, took a pic (looking east) of the Gulf of Mexico. Walked to the other side of the Spyder and took a pic (looking west) of the launch area. It is within feet of the road, and less than 1/3 mile from the beach. Are still finishing the launch tower, as I could see the flashes from welding rods about 3/4 of the way up. The Starship 24 can be seen on the crane near the launch tower. The production area is about 2 miles west of the launch site. The main assembly buildings must be 25 stories high each. Considerably bigger than the completed Starships lined up nearby.

Headed back toward home. Stopped at a Dairy Queen for a burger/fries/drink/Blizzard combo. Got home with about 180 miles on the odo, and really enjoyed the 75–80° F temps.
    Last edited by BCNewell; 12-03-2022 at 10:09 PM.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

I salted my frozen rain covered driveway when the temps got above 10 today, even saw my Spyder storage trailer buried in snow drifts.
    My hope is to tow my SST down your way sometime in Jan or Feb when my cabin fever really kicks in.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Nice ride report and pics..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

A part of our country I've never seen. Thank you for the pics.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I rode around the Gulf from Florida to that very spot two years ago on my 2020 RTL. I went down to the beach then rode south towards where the Rio Grande enters the Gulf. I stopped just short of the border not wanting to have to explain why I am out there to the border guys. The bike ran well on the hard packed sand.

Spyder Garage

I am so flipping jealous that I can hardly stand it. Boy would it be great to have those temp's to ride in? Our weather isn't that terrible but nothing to compare with that. Oh, well such is life.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

if you stand at water's edge and look at 5˚ north east we could wave to each other (manatee county FLA) looks like an awesome ride and pictures

Spyder Garage

That looks like a very interesting place to ride. Now I will have to add this area to my future ryde list. Thanks for the pics