Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Got my New Sprocket Installed today!

In and out in half hour today at Honda/Can Am Winston Salem NC.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-11-2023 at 09:25 PM. Reason: removed prefix - not really engine size related; expanded title to briefly ask the question
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was under the impression the loctite they were using took a day to cure before riding off or did I miss something
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    I was under the impression the loctite they were using took a day to cure before riding off or did I miss something
    Yes, the word from the regular Loctite using pulley mechs is that you need 6 hours for one type of Loctite and 24 hours for the other (I can’t remember the numbers and am too lazy to look them up, Cobwebs ). That’s actually on the instructions. I did read Lamonster comment that you could probably get away with have the new sprocket installed, gently ride it home if you are only a mile or so away, and then let it sit to set completely.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yes, the word from the regular Loctite using pulley mechs is that you need 6 hours for one type of Loctite and 24 hours for the other (I can’t remember the numbers and am too lazy to look them up, Cobwebs ). That’s actually on the instructions. I did read Lamonster comment that you could probably get away with have the new sprocket installed, gently ride it home if you are only a mile or so away, and then let it sit to set completely.

Pete
    Because it's all for our ''safety'' you would think the guidelines for repair would need to be strictly adhered to (snicker ....adhered). What happens two years down the track when captain gullible pulls out for a cager manouvre and finds that rare species in the driveline called neutral as the road train approaching licks its lips in anticipation of a bullbar strength test.
    If we know how it should be repaired and approve how it shouldn't be by riding off 24 hours prematurely are we then implicated in our own demise by not speaking up thereby eliminating any recourse we might have had regarding the scraping off of our body chunks off said bullbar for family members to part out.
    All if's, but's and maybe's I know at a glance but isn't that what started the recall. Has someone chewed a bullbar to set this in motion in the first place.
    I hope I don't get moderated for this for straying into the dark side of sprocket replacement but I feel so strongly about what corporates get away with and when it comes to life and death you know what, sometimes someone has to stand up regardless.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Texted my dealership today. Sprockets are due in mid March. Not a Can Am "specific" dealership. Mine has been inspected and I'll ride it every chance I get until then...
    2018 F3 Limited