Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Who Out There Has Gotten The Replacement Sprocket?

I consider myself very lucky. My new front sprocket was put on yesterday, along with new Vredestein Quatrac SL 175/55R-15 front tires and a BajaRon swaybar. I pick it up tomorrow, and I have a certain twisty road in mind to find out how much the handling has been improved.

Anyway, maybe those who have gotten the new sprocket will reply.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

nope, been told supply has outstripped demand
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I had my sprocket replaced a week ago on my 2017 RT . The Dealer mentioned that they had sprockets in stock and i could drop the bike off anytime .After the work was done I noticed that my belt alignment is different it is very close maybe a 1/2 mm away from the outer flange of the new sprocket and about 1 mm from the flange on the rear . I had more clearance on both sprockets before the change. I trust this dealer and they have a good reputation in my area so i intend to leave it alone however I would like to see comments from others here about alignment.

Spyder Garage

Looks like I will be waiting for quite a while

After getting my second letter, I called my local Spyder dealer. The service manager gave me a date of June 22. Looks like some areas have more of a supply issue than others.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-03-2022 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Moved post title so all can read - some only see thread titles!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016
    SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera
    Show Chrome Back Rest , Show Chrome Hitch
    Leesure-lite trailer, Harbor Freight tag along trailer (sold)
    Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames
    BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors, DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs,
    DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags, Method to open Frunk and seat without using key,
    LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

When I picked up my Spyder today, I was talking with the service writer and asked him how they got the sprockets so quickly. As it turns out, they sell a ton of Spyders, Ski-dos, and off road vehicles. This volume allowed them to order a large number of sprockets. So, it would seem that high volume dealers get the sprockets first, and smaller dealers have to wait in (a long) line. Not an equitable way to distribute them, but there it is.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Called my dealer today and of course no pulleys in stock. He said they are available and he plans on stocking several since they sell a bunch of Spyders and will have a lot of pulleys to change. He is going to try and get owners to come in over the winter months so they can ride in the spring plus it keeps his guys busy over the winter. He said he doesn't hold his breath when it comes to people doing service work in the winter. Folks would rather wait until the first warm day to do service so he can tell them he is booked for two months. "Gives them something to scream at me about" he said I told him I will be there come heck or high snow drifts.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Had a call from my local dealer last week and took it in that afternoon to have the sprocket replacement accomplished. I believe I've been fortunate because the service manager, during an earlier visit to inspect the sprocket, indicated they were unlikely to receive the warranty "kits" before January. I don't know how successful the other two local dealers have been in receiving the repair items.
    Last edited by Arion; 12-04-2022 at 04:36 PM.
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Arion - - did you have this done near your Texas location - - if so, which dealer did you take it to. Thanks.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Arion - - did you have this done near your Texas location - - if so, which dealer did you take it to. Thanks.
    My dealer of choice has been Kent Powersports in Selma, on I-35 northeast of San Antonio. I can't say how successful Coyote Power Sports, on I-10 north of San Antonio near Boerne, or Woods Cycle Center on I-25 in New Braunfels, have been getting parts.
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default front sprocket replaced

I had both of the f3t changed by the Can Am Dealer here in Jones Oklahoma /Oklahoma City. I had to make 2 service appointments one for the 16 and one for the 17 one on Wed and the other Thur in and out in less than a hour and half.
    IMG_20200704_131026097_HDR (1).jpg

Spyder Garage

I had mine replaced a few weeks ago. I have about 1,500 miles on the new one. I've been riding any day that's over 40 degrees.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1652315

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Evidently, Ride Now Austin has some pull with BRP, reference my post #5 above. I was told that they were able to order a number of sprockets based on their sales of BRP products. Just that location, not any other Ride Now. Can't hurt to give them a call. 512-459-3311. I know that they are pretty busy right now.

Spyder Garage

Had sprocket changed on both bikes yesterday. Belt alignment is good. No issues observed on either bike. Called on Wednesday and they scheduled me for the next day (Thursday). Sprockets in stock.

Spyder Garage

I had the sprocket on my 2017 F3T replaced this past Tuesday (12/27) at
    Michael's Reno Powersport. After the 25 mile ryde home the
    belt is running wide to the outside on the rear sprocket.
    I'll do a realignment of the belt this weekend.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by supra94t View Post
    Had sprocket changed on both bikes yesterday. Belt alignment is good. No issues observed on either bike. Called on Wednesday and they scheduled me for the next day (Thursday). Sprockets in stock.

~~~which years are both your Spyders?

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    An appointment is an engagement to see someone, while a morningstar is a large lump of metal used for viciously crushing skulls. It is important not to confuse the two
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I had mine done a couple weeks ago in Hattiesburg MS, called and made an appointment when sprocket was available, drove the 4 hours to get there, two hours later back on the road to West Monroe LA. Completely satisfied with this Dealership, better than "bring it in and leave it, we'll get to it later on..."
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2023 at 05:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

I had the Sprocket service done on my F3 in early December. The new sprocket was installed and a new drive belt, because the belt was worn from the bad sprocket. This was all covered at no cost to me. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to ride it home then because of the snow and ice in my driveway. I was able to drive it home yesterday. We had warm temps in Vermont which melted the ice and snow. Dealer said they have sprockets in stock. Just a FYI.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dealer called me in early November to say they had a new sprocket for us. Took the Spyder down a week or so later, picked it up during the first week of December.

Since this is the sprocket that I had had welded, I asked about the possibility of keeping it as a spare. Service guy said that if CanAm did not ask for it, I could have it back. I'll check with them this week to see what the status is.

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Called my dealer today and of course no pulleys in stock.
    Navydad, which dealer are you working with?

Last edited by Steve W.; 01-02-2023 at 12:20 AM.
    HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Default Got my New Sprocket Installed today!

In and out in half hour today at Honda/Can Am Winston Salem NC.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-11-2023 at 09:25 PM. Reason: removed prefix - not really engine size related; expanded title to briefly ask the question
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was under the impression the loctite they were using took a day to cure before riding off or did I miss something
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just had mine done this morning at Sport Durst in Durham, NC. They said it was really stuck on there and had shown the first signs of red dust (I checked it last in October). Still only took about 2 hours. Great service department there.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    I was under the impression the loctite they were using took a day to cure before riding off or did I miss something
    Yes, the word from the regular Loctite using pulley mechs is that you need 6 hours for one type of Loctite and 24 hours for the other (I can’t remember the numbers and am too lazy to look them up, Cobwebs ). That’s actually on the instructions. I did read Lamonster comment that you could probably get away with have the new sprocket installed, gently ride it home if you are only a mile or so away, and then let it sit to set completely.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yes, the word from the regular Loctite using pulley mechs is that you need 6 hours for one type of Loctite and 24 hours for the other (I can’t remember the numbers and am too lazy to look them up, Cobwebs ). That’s actually on the instructions. I did read Lamonster comment that you could probably get away with have the new sprocket installed, gently ride it home if you are only a mile or so away, and then let it sit to set completely.

Pete
    Because it's all for our ''safety'' you would think the guidelines for repair would need to be strictly adhered to (snicker ....adhered). What happens two years down the track when captain gullible pulls out for a cager manouvre and finds that rare species in the driveline called neutral as the road train approaching licks its lips in anticipation of a bullbar strength test.
    If we know how it should be repaired and approve how it shouldn't be by riding off 24 hours prematurely are we then implicated in our own demise by not speaking up thereby eliminating any recourse we might have had regarding the scraping off of our body chunks off said bullbar for family members to part out.
    All if's, but's and maybe's I know at a glance but isn't that what started the recall. Has someone chewed a bullbar to set this in motion in the first place.
    I hope I don't get moderated for this for straying into the dark side of sprocket replacement but I feel so strongly about what corporates get away with and when it comes to life and death you know what, sometimes someone has to stand up regardless.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Texted my dealership today. Sprockets are due in mid March. Not a Can Am "specific" dealership. Mine has been inspected and I'll ride it every chance I get until then...
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

When I called up my dealer they told me that, when the recall has finished in the States they will be issuing the recall in Australia. As there is currently not enough sprockets for supply.
    2015 Spyder RT Special series Se6
    Really a mutant cross between a special series and a Limited.