Thread: Never seen

Spyder Garage

Default Never seen

I check the forum all the time though don’t post much anymore.

One thing that gets me about this forum that I’ve never seen on other forums is how many closed threads there are.

To me that’s a very bad sign, you can make all the excuses you want but doesn’t look good.

Every time I come here there’s another one.

I understand in a sold thread “if” the selling closes it. But even then there might be a question in the future like someone looking for the same thing. Why use more bandwidth for a new thread when you can just ask there.

So many closed threads just shows over moderation IMO. I’ve moderated a couple Mustang and truck forums for years and have never seen so many closed threads on a forum?

Spyder Garage

Next thread to be closed…

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow we closed the November Weather News thread, I guess you will have to go to the December Weather News thread. Merry Christmas to you this month!! Keep checking the forum for the December Weather News, and although the November Weather News is closed you can still look at it if you like.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Interesting method for determining if a forum is good or not.

I am going to respectfully disagree Snoopy.

I still believe we are the best around. Have heard it many times, from many people.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Wow we closed the November Weather News thread, I guess you will have to go to the December Weather News thread. Merry Christmas to you this month!! Keep checking the forum for the December Weather News, and although the November Weather News is closed you can still look at it if you like.

Not my point at all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Interesting method for determining if a forum is good or not.

I am going to respectfully disagree Snoopy.

I still believe we are the best around. Have heard it many times, from many people.

Not saying the forum is bad, just bad form being done here.

Spyder Garage

And whole threads deleted.

Spyder Garage

Snoopy, Threads & posts are only removed from public view if necessary &/or where there has been some breach of the Forum Rules. And this 'delete' facility (or more correctly, a 'hide' ) is now a feature that's only available to the Mod/Admin Team because back when it was available to everyone, the Forum rapidly lost credibility with the big Search providers due to too many threads being removed/posts being gutted &/or deleted by the posters, so the big Search engine's search results kept getting failures, and as a result they considered the Forum unreliable & started to drop SpyderLovers from priority in their published results, sometimes even leaving SpyderLovers right out! This meant that the Owner & any Sponsors here got very little benefit for their efforts/money in providing/supporting the Forum, so much so that back a few years, it became SO POOR a return on their investment that there was even consideration given to closing/shutting down the Forum completely! And it wasn't helped by those members of the Forum who were becoming very antagonistic in their posting towards new members, &/or those who were always breaking the Forum Rules & therefore taking up the Owners time cleaning up the messes they caused!

Complete closure of the Forum wasn't an ideal outcome for anyone, but to do anything else required ongoing and active management of the Forum, something the Owners couldn't devote all their time to, so the Mod/Admin Team was introduced, and because of the way we've improved the Forum's standing with the big Search providers and made the Forum a nicer place for all, one where breaches of the fairly basic Forum Rules aren't tolerated, THE MEMBERS HERE GOT TO KEEP THE FORUM; we are back on the first level of results provided by all the big Search engines; and we are attracting new members every day - making the Owners/Sponsors very happy & basically completely turning the fortunes & future of this Forum around! And that's basically cos there are fewer threads/posts being closed/removed now than there were back before the Mod/Admin Team came into being!

So for all members, including Snoopy, if you don't want to see any more threads/posts closed or removed from public view (& yes, the Mod/Admin Team does keep & review the evidence plus any actions taken by the Team members! ) you need to always post within the bounds of the Forum Rules; you need to always follow the directions of any Stickies telling you how to use a particular section/sub-forum; and you need to realise that the Mod/Admin Team is here to keep the Forum going for you!

So please, if you haven't ever or even just recently, take the time to check out the Forum Rules - all it takes is click on the Green Forum Rules link in the middle of the Menu Bar just above the Sponsor's Banners & a few minutes reading! You should also check out and comply with any directive Stickies there might be at the top of each/any Forum section/sub-forum telling you how to use the Forum/that sub-forum; and when a Mod/Admin asks you to do something &/or removes something, it's been done with the Forum's best interest in mind, so don't argue publicly, it was done for a reason and it's being reviewed by the Mod/Admin Team; but you arguing is not helping nor is it complying with the Forum Rules!

And just a btw - if you haven't personally seen anything 'wrong' in a thread that gets closed/removed, that basically means that we, the Mod/Admin Team, have been doing our job well and in a timely manner, cos whatever's been going on has been resolved so quickly you didn't notice! And you may occasionally see someones username go grey & not hear from them for a while, but that'll only happen if their posts/actions either repeatedly broke one or more of the Forum Rules & so were removed, & they didn't heed the warnings; or if they've done something so substantially wrong that it warranted immediate suspension from posting.... in either case, their suspension may be for a while, or if that happens too often, it may be a permanent suspension. But please, do remember that any action like that has been carefully considered by the Mod/Admin Team & has been deemed & agreed to be in the best interests of the Forum & its Rules!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-11-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!