Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Currently 53 here in the desert S.W. We're headed for a high of 69 today. The wind is calm and there are no clouds. For Christmas we will have a high of 72 and sunshine. It's too cold for us locals to hang out at our community pool. But the Holiday visitors are sure enjoying the sunshine and the pool.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas. And warm thoughts being sent to those of you who are in the grips of the cold spell. Stay warm and safe..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Monday 12/26/22

...Welcome back from the Weekend. I had a great time visiting with friends and family. It is always nice to see and hear from them. Indiana has been very cold for awhile and it was hard to get out there and enjoy some outdoor activities. We did the best we could and tried not to worry about the rest. Currently 17°F with a lite dusting of snow.
    We have some snow on the ground but nothing on the driveway. ........

Today will be mostly cloudy, 24°F for the high. May have some snow showers this morning. Low of 17°F.
    Bundle up and stay warm. Remember to check on the neighbors and family. Enjoy your Day and Stay Safe.

Stay Healthy. ....

Only 6 more days of the year 2022. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

41 today. Headed for 67 on Thursday. I am going to fire up the Spyders.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    41 today. .......
    SNAP!

Here in the Adelaide Hills on the other side of the World from you, we're expecting 41 today as well! Only OUR 41 will be in Degrees C....

Still, either way, it sounds like we'll have some reasonable ryding weather - only we don't hafta worry about any of the roads maybe having been salted in the recent past.... Flooded maybe, but not salted! And thinking back to my last winter visit to the Pacific NW, the odd pothole or patch of crumbling asphalt due to flood damage should be a bit easier to avoid than salt that's been spread all over the road!!

I hope you enjoy your Spyder Ryding as much as I'm gonna enjoy mine!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Hot is Not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    SNAP!

Here in the Adelaide Hills on the other side of the World from you, we're expecting 41 today as well! Only OUR 41 will be in Degrees C....

So I checked my F° to C°. Oh man that is very very warm to me.
    41°C equaled 105.8°F. .......

Just curious what you do when it's so hot.
    Is this a dry heat? Is this a seasonal thing or something else?

Stay Healthy. ....

Currently 23°F here in Indiana, USA.
    Just checked and 23°F equaled -5°C.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-27-2022 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Default Tuesday 12/27/22

...Well another year is coming to a close. I hope you enjoyed the Spyder Ryde Time and Always Stay Safe. My next Ryde Time will be in March or April. Road salt and the cold weather will not be my friend. Boy do we have a ton of salt on the roads. The cagers seem to love the ice and snow. Lots of damage vehicles are on the road and more to come.

Today it's going to be a high of 28°F with clouds. Low of 23°F. Currently overcast and 22°F.
    Yes, we have some snow on the ground.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    So I checked my F° to C°. Oh man that is very very warm to me.
    41°C equaled 105.8°F. .......

Just curious what you do when it's so hot.
    Is this a dry heat? Is this a seasonal thing or something else?

Stay Healthy. ....

Currently 23°F here in Indiana, USA.
    Just checked and 23°F equaled -5°C.
    Up here in the Hills, we do get all 4 seasons (and not in just one day, like Melbourne & Sydney often do! ) so the warm weather is usually very much a seasonal thing, and we should be well into it, being almost a third of the way thru our 'normal' summer! We've even been known to get sub-zero temps over-night any time conditions are right, possibly even after a 40 degree C day, & often get snow in the Hills during our Wintertime (June, July, August ) but it doesn't stay on the ground too long very often! Still, January is usually our hottest month after practicing & trying it's hardest all December....

When it gets warm up here it's usually a fairly dry heat, rarely over about 40% humidity, unlike down on the fairly narrow (but looong... ) Coastal Plain where Adelaide City proper & all the 'burbs sit, & where it's often some degrees hotter and almost always stickier & muggier - so up here in the Hills, while temps like that are not uncommon, because it's usually not too humid it's also not usually too uncomfortable.... usually! But what with all the rain & flooding we've been copping so far this year, it's been pretty humid & a tad uncomfortable around here most of the time of late, regardless of the temps - recently humidity's been in the high 80%'s up to high 90%'s.... altho today only saw mid 60% humidity & it looks like the humidity will start to drop even more from tomorrow, with the heat building again for next week-end/the New Year... but with any luck, it'll be a drier & a less humid heat than it has been of late!

As I mentioned earlier, come January, it usually gets a bit hotter around here anyway... Not as bad here in the Hills or as hot as can get just a little further away from the coast, or even just out of the Hills & Ranges & heading anywhere but South... ie just a little further into the Outback &/or out onto the surrounding plains, but temps in the high 40's are becoming more common around here, with the occasional daytime temp pushing up to just a tad over 50 Degrees C! But this is really just the sorta weather I grew up with & in, living in the sticks, so basically I'm fairly used to it & just put up with it - when it's a dry heat anyway!!

Still, for all the rest of it, you've gotta remember that Adelaide (the nearest city) is widely recognised as the driest Capital City in the driest State of the driest Continent in the World after the Antarctic Continent! So we do get to spend a lot of time living in hot & dry weather, with temps often reaching into the high 40's (degrees C) & occasionally (increasingly frequently) even higher, with droughts that often last 10 years or more! And if the weather's not trying hard to re-define what 'Hot & Dry' really means, there's a good chance it'll be pushing the other end of the scale with flooding rains - Dorothea McKellar wasn't kidding when she described Oz as 'A sunburnt country' ..... 'of droughts flooding rains'

Check her full poem 'My Country' out here: https://www.dorotheamackellar.com.au/my-country/
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-28-2022 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Temps
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Wednesday 12/28/22

...Indiana is starting a little warm up this week, currently 28°F. Temperatures below 40°F are not my favorite thing. Oh well, you have to take the good and the bad for every season. The wife and I take one day at a time now. We try and enjoy it to the fullest. Only the 'Good Lord' knows when you go.

Today is warmer than yesterday, high of 45°F. Low of 39°F.
    Still have some snow on the ground.

Stay Healthy. ....

Only 3 Days left for 2022. Spend them wisely.

Spyder Garage

California sent it's cool and wet weather here to the desert S.W. It's been raining all morning. Not real hard, just steady. The high today will be 56 degrees. There is a 7-10 MPH wind. The radar shows the front moving east this afternoon. So, New Mexico, Texas, & Oklahoma will see it coming later tonight. It looks like our weather will be a little cool and unsettled for the remainder of the year. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

51 degrees and mostly sunny here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thursday 12/29/22

...Welcome to the Final Thursday of this year (2022). There has been a challenge in Indiana every month.
    Hopefully this new year (2023) will have some improvements. I for one hope so. Currently 47°F with clouds.

Today's high is 53°F with an overcast sky. Low around 51°F. Weather People are saying heavy rains late tonight.

Stay Healthy. ....

Enjoy your Day and Ryde if you're able. .....

Spyder Garage

Seventy-one degrees today, and mostly sunny. Took both Spyders and the Mule out for "charge-em up" rides. A week ago we were flirting with zero degrees and wind chills of 20 below zero. Quite a change to say the least.

All the rides have been sitting in the garage for a couple months now. None on battery tenders, but all started on the first try. I forgot how nice those F3's feel going down the road.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Friday 12/30/23

...Finally Friday, Going to be a all day rain. Currently 54°F and rain showers. Better rain than snow for me. Maybe get an early Spring. Nice to dream about, you never know.

Today 55°F with lots of rain. Low of 40°F.
    One more day of the year 2022.
    Everything looks good for now.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Just getting over the biggest snow dump I can remember in a very long time, now 45 F and warmer for a week, the snow's disappearing faster then it got there.... Sitting on a Baja Ron sway bar to install to my spyder and waiting for spring.....

Stay safe all,

Rob
    New to the spyder
    2016 F3 LTD
    Stock so far

2016 F3LTD , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

It's supposed to hit a high of 55 degrees F here in Connecticut today with partly cloudy skies. I have a ryde planned with 2 or 3 other guys up to the Berkshires in western Massachusetts.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Here in Utah we have a ride planned too.......in March in California. Right now in Central Utah it is cloudy and cold with lots of snow on the ground. Rain and snow coming with 5 or more feet forecast for the mountains. Obviously the ski resorts (Alta, Snow Bird, Park City, Brighton etc) are overjoyed. ATV, UTV. and motorcycle sales will start to ramp up come Feb.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Saturday 12/31/22

..Well folks this is the last day of 2022. I hope you had a good journey and enjoyed your time. I know for me it was a tough year but the Good Lord got me though. For that I am very grateful.

I am feeling good about this new year and hope all of life's opportunities will continue to be exciting. I have realized over the years that life is what you make it. So slow down and enjoy the Time. Remember to be a friend to everyone.

Currently 39°F with some rain showers this morning.
    High of 45°F with some clouds, low of 35°F.

Enjoy your Day and Be Safe.
    Have a Happy New Year. .. .

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In Vermont we have been having another major melt-down ( currently 54 F ), this will continue for a few more days ( *ucks for Skiing ) .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Bye, Bye 2022

The last day of 2022 brings typical weather here in the desert S.W. It will be partly sunny with a high of 64 degrees.....right on average for this time of year. The overnight low will be 54. The new year will bring different weather that will probably prevent me from taking my traditional New Year ride. Details to come next year!

Wishing everyone a very healthy and Happy New Year. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi