Spyder Garage

Default What are your thoughts on Garage Floor Coatings?

Who had had their garage floor done? What are your thoughts? Polyurea base, Polyaspartic clear coat. Colored plastics chips in between. Damn this stuff is not cheap! 15 year warranty, lifetime against yellowing. Epoxy coating. 5 year warranty. They also grind down the concrete and fill in the cracks. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Had our lower shop done. Expensive but bullet-proof. My opinion? If you're going to stay and you're going to use it. It's well worth the effort to go with the good stuff. Otherwise, you'll always wish you had.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Who had had their garage floor done? What are your thoughts? Polyurea base, Polyaspartic clear coat. Colored plastics chips in between. Damn this stuff is not cheap! 15 year warranty, lifetime against yellowing. Epoxy coating. 5 year warranty. They also grind down the concrete and fill in the cracks. Tom
    If this is for an area in a commercial with very high traffic go with Ron's suggestion. If for your home go with the epoxy. I did my garage with Epoxy 20 yrs ago, and only had to touch up a couple of area's, a couple of times.... The key is in the PREP, before you apply it ..... It's your money .... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 11-30-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Mine is done in a thin layer of oil dry.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

The diy products from Home Depot and Lowe’s do not hold up and are like ice in the winter when there is any moisture on them.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

We have epoxy now. In a year it has started to come up. Chip here and there. Big spot from the truck's tire. I know the prep was not done correctly. Builder did it for free. Yes, I know we paid for it somewhere else. LOL Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I did my garage, shop, and patio about 15 years ago with an industrial epoxy. The stuff they use in refinery oil storage tanks, purchased from an industrial coatings supply. It has held up exceptionally well. If you do any welding and cutting, the molting slag will leave burn marks. As others have said, prep, prep, prep. The only time it has ever chipped is when very heavy steel, such as a big brake rotor, has been dropped on the floor. But then the epoxy chip has concrete stuck to to the bottom of it.
    2019 RTL , Blue

Spyder Garage

The key to any epoxy floor coatings ability to last is a good prep job on the concrete, and actually having good concrete to start with. It is possible to repair crappy concrete, but the price for that goes out the roof.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    The key to any epoxy floor coatings ability to last is a good prep job on the concrete, and actually having good concrete to start with. It is possible to repair crappy concrete, but the price for that goes out the roof.
    I think this is true with any surface coating you decide to use.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...