Spyder Garage

Default Saw a Ryker in Amazon Prime TV movie 'The Peripheral'

Don't know how many other people saw it, but the concept was kind of neat. The bike seperated from the front 2 wheels and had one back wheel they could ride. In the movie/series, the guy using it was a disabled vet with no legs and one arm. The steering was done by a centralized column not by bars. The peripheral is on the zon.

I am not saying this is viable, but it was a neat idea.

did a short googly search but couldn't find a clip to attach/link

Spyder Garage

What's the name of the movie/show?
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

TV Show is “The Peripheral” on Amazon Prime Video. It is in Season 1, Episode 6 at around 20 minutes & 41 seconds into the episode.

Spyder Garage

I guess I should have read the title of the post. Thanks!
    LOL
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

He didn't seem to happy with his Ryker. Maybe he should join this forum for tips!
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Sorry folks, but when he started up and rode off that did NOT sound like any Ryker I ever heard. Even with after market exhausts. But it sure sounded all the world like a Harley. Maybe the sound was "corrected" in post.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Great show, but while it reminded me of a Ryker, it didn't look enough like one for me to think it was built using a Ryker.

As to the sound, most of time in show like this it's always added in post. It could well be a Harley, or just about anything else. You'd be surprised how much of what you hear is actually something totally different from what you see, especially in sci-fi.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Just took a look at the show and I do believe it was a Ryker with some computer enhancements.
    Last edited by Texas Al; 11-29-2022 at 04:18 PM.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    Just took a look at the show and I do believe it was a Ryker with some computer enhancements.
    On second look, I saw a quick close-up and I do think you're right. I'm thinking they just did a physical modification, it's easier and cheaper than computer animation in every shot.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I think its this here .. (didn`t see the movie..)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

For some of the shots, it is pretty much a ryker with some mods. The series is supposed to take place about 10 years in the future and the actor that rides it lost three of his limbs in a war and has essentially a unicycle that he can ride around on instead of a wheelchair. The unicycle can then hook up with the front part of the bike and that is his transportation. Sound effects make it sound like a loud Harley.

It's actually a pretty good series to watch. The plot centers around how people from the future are interfering with the past and have the ability to link through time as well as send back advanced technology to 2035.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

It is in other epsidodes too. I think the first and second episodes had it in there, when the blonde gets rousted at the bar, and when she gets a ride home, and also when the disabled vet attacks the hit team with an SMG.

Spyder Garage

My take on it is this, they wanted a beefier sound so they added the sound they wanted in the end. They have multiple shots of it from the front and back, it is clearly a ryker when driving up and down the road. but when it is the unicycle thing it is a ryker shell. Then it gets edited for when he drives off on a operable one. You could clearly see the A arms of a ryker when they showed a shot of it from behind and slightly below rider level. It was turning slightly left. I tried rezooming in on it, but I couldn't tell if they still had the center turning column on it or if it had bars (too dark). I would love to see their collection.

Spyder Garage

Default I saw it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner View Post
    Don't know how many other people saw it, but the concept was kind of neat. The bike seperated from the front 2 wheels and had one back wheel they could ride. In the movie/series, the guy using it was a disabled vet with no legs and one arm. The steering was done by a centralized column not by bars. The peripheral is on the zon.

I am not saying this is viable, but it was a neat idea.

did a short googly search but couldn't find a clip to attach/link

Watching an episode right now and just saw the Ryker!