Spyder Garage

Default Found a Push button garage door opener!

Found a push button garage door opener at www.kustomcycleparts.com
    Easy programming…they have a YouTube video to demonstrate….I’m putting it in the blank spot on the switch panel of 2013 RT.
    Kelly at kustomcycle is very helpful and quick communicator…..the business card that came with my unit indicates use promo code THANKYOU on next order and save 10%.
    Kelly said he would be happy to work with spider owners if they needed something particular for their installs.

Spyder Garage

What is the part number? A quick picture of it would be helpful. Thanx
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2023 at 06:15 AM. Reason: added missing e's & ' 's ;-)
    2022 Spyder RTL- Chrome , Larger brake pedal Deep Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
    Found a push button garage door opener at www.kustomcycleparts.com
    Easy programming…they have a YouTube video to demonstrate….I’m putting it in the blank spot on the switch panel of 2013 RT.
    Kelly at kustomcycle is very helpful and quick communicator…..the business card that came with my unit indicates use promo code THANKYOU on next order and save 10%.
    Kelly said he would be happy to work with spider owners if they needed something particular for their installs.
    Did you by any chance ask about water proofness? It looks like there are several options, black or chrome. Thanks
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

There are several options that are based on the type of door opener you have. I first ordered one through Amazon and they sent me one that was not compatible with my opener. I went directly to Kustomcycles
    And they fixed me up with the correct transmitter. The small button goes basically anywhere you want it. The transmitter goes inside the body panels where it will stay dry in my case I inserted through the speaker cover opening. Check out the video on YouTube.

Spyder Garage

This is the unit…the push button requires drilling a 15/32 hole
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tatonka; 11-28-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanx for the pic!!
    2022 Spyder RTL- Chrome , Larger brake pedal Deep Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Default Opener installed

Installation fairly straightforward… It would help to have the hands of a child to reach inside the machine however. Always some issue arises but all is well and functional.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tatonka; 11-29-2022 at 06:43 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My solution was cost free .... I have an RT and just keep one of the openers in the glove box ..... JMHO ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I do something similar to BLUENIGHT911. Like most openers, mine came with two remote units. I keep one in my car and one in the inner pocket of my riding jacket. Our cars live under an open carport all of the time except when I take them up to the shop 80 yards away for maintenance issues & other duties. I don't put the spare opener in my wife's car because of the higher priority of needing it for use on multiple bikes, the Spyder and frequent openings with my car to carry out garbage and pick up my bicycle for rides two or three times a week. On the rare occasions when I need to work on her car, I simply use the keypad on the door jamb at the shop. Problem solved for free covering use of six motorcycles and one Spyder.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    My solution was cost free .... I have an RT and just keep one of the openers in the glove box ..... JMHO ..... Mike
    Almost the same solution for me, except I added velcro, so it sticks to the lid. I pop the lid open and hit the button.

I like the install of the unit though.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

I get by with these. 1 for the stand alone shop and 1 for the garage door attached to the house.

I put them in my jacket pocket or glove box depending on my ride for the day.
    Yes I do have to come to a stop and push the button I guess but im happy enough with that.

There are many suppliers for the remotes locally here in NZ so additional ones are no problem. They are not hard to program once you read the instructions . 1 set in each car, 1 for the bike of the day and a spare set for a rainy day works for me.

REMOTES 20221216_052628.jpg
    Last edited by Isopedella; 12-15-2022 at 11:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster72 View Post
    Almost the same solution for me, except I added velcro, so it sticks to the lid. I pop the lid open and hit the button.
    Ahhhhhhhh. Great minds think alike, Jesster

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

"Ditto on the glove box." Simplest of mounts, under the glove box lid. No muss, no fuss. 21 RTL
    Last edited by Valkrocket; 12-18-2022 at 07:14 AM. Reason: addition
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

My door opener came with one full sized 3 button opener and one small, intended for keychain, 3 button opener. I was going to get one of the fancy ones that fills in the blank button on a 2020RTL and realized I already had a solution.

https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-89.../dp/B00LC5DO3C

This is what is velcroed to the inside of the of the little glove box. Lets me open either door!
    2020 Spyder RTL Chalk/Black
    2020 RTL , Chalk / Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    "Ditto on the glove box." Simplest of mounts, under the glove box lid. No muss, no fuss. 21 RTL
    Yeah, that’s what all us “smart” (or is it “cheap” ) riders are doing, Valk

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yeah, that’s what all us “smart” (or is it “cheap” ) riders are doing, Valk

Pete
    I resemble one of those descriptors.........
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

I have a 2021 RT Limited and have purchased a Show Chrome garage door opener switch and need advice on how to install - thanks!

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I did this with a $7 remote off of amazon, visor clip works perfectly with my Tack Form center mount post.

IMG_20240331_130918837[1].jpg
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 03-31-2024 at 12:20 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Time to bring this out again.

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I'm Lazy. I carry an opener in the glovebox. No taking panels off, no wiring, just pop open the cover and push the magic button. !!Bonus!! With one remote I can open EITHER or BOTH garage doors!! Ain't technology grand!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic