Spyder Garage

Default What do you use for Cleaning Matte black finishes?

For those of you who have Special Editions or any others with a matte black finish, what do you
    use to clean/polish those surfaces? I have read that you should not use a cleaner wax.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-27-2022 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

We get good results using Harley Davidson Denim Paint Cleaner and a microfiber towel. Can't remember what a quart bottle costs, buts it's probably the cheapest item at a HD dealer!!
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I use Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. I spray it on a damp micro fiber cloth. Works well for me. I also use it on the painted surfaces as well when I wash the Spyder. Spray it on the wet surfaces and dry with a micro fiber cloth. I think you will be pleased with the results.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

303 aerospace. Great product for all rubber and black plastic. Probably good on other colors

Spyder Garage
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    For those of you who have Special Editions or any others with a matte black finish, what do you
    use to clean/polish those surfaces? I have read that you should not use a cleaner wax.
    DO NOT polish matte or satin paint. Do not use any products that contain wax on matte and satin paint.

There are a ton of references and video by reputable organizations in the care and protection of matte and satin finishes.

Her are a few:

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-matte-finish.htm

https://autocarehq.com/how-to-take-c...tte-car-paint/

https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/matte-paint-finish/

For my 2022 Sea to Sky, I had a special sealant applied a couple of day after I picked-up the bike. It wasn't cheap, but well worth the money.

I wash my vehicles using the 2 bucket system with particle separators at the bottom of the buckets.

I lightly wash using a Chemical Guys microfibre Chenille wash mitt with ph balanced non-wax car wash shampoo by basically letting the wash mitt glide on the surface of the paint. I may apply a bit more pressure for stubborn spots, but rarely have to due to the slick coating on my bike.

I blow dry the bike using a Toro electric leaf blower. https://www.toro.com/en/homeowner/ya...ower-vac-51621

The only chemical that I use if for the seats. This is what I use: https://www.303products.com.au/produ...-complete-care

Hope this helps
    Last edited by GFrog; 11-29-2022 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Added text
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

This is what we use on our bikes. Watch the video.
    https://www.lamonstergarage.com/blac...are-lamonster/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This is what we use on our bikes. Watch the video.
    https://www.lamonstergarage.com/blac...are-lamonster/
    I watched the video and it looks like a really good product. Does a nice job on repelling water and not leaving water spots. It's also lot cheaper than fancy protectant.

Thanks for the post.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

I found 2 bottles, one with a sprayer, on Amazon that consists of a matte black cleaner and a matte black sealant.
    I ordered them both and will report once I get a chance to try them, probably not until spring..

Chemical Guys SPI_995_16 Meticulous Matte Detailer and Spray Sealant

Chemical Guys CWS_995_16 Meticulous Matte Car Wash Soap (For Foam Cannons, Foam Guns or Bucket Washes) Safe for Satin & Matte Finish Paint

johnv
    Last edited by johnv50; 12-06-2022 at 11:58 AM.
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue