Spyder Garage

Default Can I connect my phone, GPS, & still intercomm with Cardo Freedom 2X?

I just got the Cardo Freedom 2X. I've read the manual and watched a 30 minute video from Cardo but...

Can I connect my phone, GPS, and still use the intercom?

Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-24-2022 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

Yes you can. I had a Cardo G9 a few years back and it could.
    2010 RT
    2015 Ural
    1980 & 1982 R65 BMW
    1975 R90/6 BMW
    1956 Triumph TR3A

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Most Bluetooth headsets have 2 channels as well as a GPS channel. Dual sets come already paired for intercom.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Yes you can.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can if you don't try and connect to your spyder, BRP Connect don't connect most of the time

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    You can if you don't try and connect to your spyder, BRP Connect don't connect most of the time
    Disagree. My phone and Cardo Edge connect to the Spyder every time I ride. Let the Bluetooth load and the phone is connected. Turn on your Cardo unit and it connects instantly. Every time, without fail. Samsung S22 Ultra with Cardo Edge.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Disagree. My phone and Cardo Edge connect to the Spyder every time I ride. Let the Bluetooth load and the phone is connected. Turn on your Cardo unit and it connects instantly. Every time, without fail. Samsung S22 Ultra with Cardo Edge.
    Thanks Dave, I’ll have to give it another go. It certainly didn’t connect easily (and stay connected) for me, but I haven’t tried for 12 months and there have been a couple of app updates since then.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I run Pak Talk Bolds. The trick I found that works is to connect my phone to BRP connect, then to my Cardo on BT Channel 1. After that, I connected my Garmin to my Cardo on BT Channel 2. Intercom is still good. Then when I turn on my RT, it all connects automatically, though BRP Connect is still inherently glitchy at times and I have to reboot it. The instructions to connect on the Cardo channels are in the headset manual, but are kinda difficult to find and, if you are like me, take a few attempts to get right.

One word of warning. DO NOT connect your GPS unit to your phone, or it will mess up the whole deal...Don't ask me how I know this.
    Last edited by Frostbyte; 12-05-2022 at 10:26 PM.
    Knowledge is the accumulation and remembering data.
    Wisdom is the effective application of it.

[img]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps/map.png?
    2019 Spyder RT Limited , 2" brake pedal riser with wide pedal Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any smartphone integration system (HD Connect, BMW TFT, Honda Goldwing) all express NOT PAIRING THE HEADSET TO THE PHONE! Causes Bluetooth confusion.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Any smartphone integration system (HD Connect, BMW TFT, Honda Goldwing) all express NOT PAIRING THE HEADSET TO THE PHONE! Causes Bluetooth confusion.
    I absolutely agree. The bt connection that may be established between Cardo and phone must be deleted for everything to work properly. When I wear my helmet on my other bikes I pair my Cardo and use it for control. When I get back on the Spyder I have to delete the pair before turning the Cardo on. I believe this is why a bunch of guys on here are having problems.

Spyder Garage

Do you use the usb cable also?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Do you also use the usb cable?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mandytuning View Post
    Do you also use the usb cable?
    Not generally. I don't do much touring so I really only use the system for music. I have used the cable (and therefore the bikes display) but I don't like my phone being taken over. It works either way for me though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    No such confusion with the Garmin XT, Flamewinger. It is perfectly comfortable having you pair your phone and your headset to the XT to access your music, traffic, weather, directions etc, etc, etc, and then pair your phone direct to your headset to enable you to use Siri (or similar). It’s another of the reasons I am not yet using BRP Go. I use Siri a great deal to save taking my hands off the bars.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

YES you can