Spyder Garage

Default Anyone had start issues iaw Service Bulletin 2022-4?

I did a search but couldn't find any posts on this.....

I had a first service done on my 2021 RTL today ($340 - not as painful as I expected) and the Service writer informed me there was a outstanding Service Bulletin that dealt with a "difficult to start problem" that is apparently occurring on some bikes. My bike has had no starting issues but they re flashed the ECU as part of the service.

Has anyone experienced starting issues on their bikes?

Whilst looking over my bike we noticed that there was a gash in the rubber Rear Fender Extension. Closer inspection showed the clip had broken and the rubber fender extension was rubbing on the tire which caused the gash. They removed the fender extension and have asked BRP to authorize a warranty replacement. I will know in a couple of days if it's approved. Not a big deal either way (it's a $140 part) but still an inconvenience as the dealer is 75 miles away.

Anyone else have issues with these rubber Fender Extensions?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-29-2022 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Spyder Garage

I have had issues starting periodically and randomly, but nothing that lasted an extended amount of time. A couple of minutes and then it started right up like nothing was wrong.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

John, that sounds very much like the issue the ECU flash is meant to resolve. It’s probably worth getting it done when it’s convenient to you
    Grey - dark edition

Spyder Garage

I was told the update was for bikes that go short distances. I bought my bike in June with 1400 miles and I have 4500 miles on it now, I was told I don't need it done. But I will get it done any way in May or June of 2023.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-30-2022 at 01:04 PM. Reason: ' ', - ,' ' ;-)

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    I was told the update was for bikes that go short distances. I bought my bike in June with 1400 miles and I have 4500 miles on it now, I was told I don't need it done. But I will get it done any way in May or June of 2023.
    FYI, The dealer doesn't get to decide whether or not your bike needs the update. If they simply plug your bike into BUDS2, IT will decide whether or not you need the update, based on your ECU and its' firmware/software version.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKelly View Post
    John, that sounds very much like the issue the ECU flash is meant to resolve. It’s probably worth getting it done when it’s convenient to you
    Thanks. I'll have to take it in soon. There are a few dealers around here, but I'm trying to avoid the one that is closest to me.
    Last edited by JohnRuckus; 11-30-2022 at 10:28 PM. Reason: grammar
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Hey Peter,
    Do you have a link to the bulletin?
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

John I don’t have a link but the Bulletin number as shown in the post heading appeared on my invoice.

Any Can Am dealer should be aware of it.
    Grey - dark edition

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKelly View Post
    Any Can Am dealer should be aware of it.
    Hahaha….forgive my cynicism with your word “ANY”, Peter, but there are still dealers out there claiming they are unaware of any issues with front sprockets.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red