Spyder Garage

Default How do I clean Overspray from wheel cleaner?

Yesterday I used the Black Dymond Wheel cleaner and while rinsing I noticed it caused some damage to the black plastic adjacent to the wheels. This is the black high gloss plastic were the filters are housed in the front. I’m sure it was overspray, and never gave it any thought. Even tested on the wheel before using and there was no indications on the label to be concerned. Anyway it left a lot of white marks (see pictures). Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of them. I tried washing immediately, using a detailing solution, waxing and no go. I contacted Lamonster for some advice, but it was a no go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-23-2022 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

Were I in your boots, if the wash and wax routine didn't work I'd hunt for a very reputable detail guy to find out what he'd recommend.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Use Alcohol to see if it will cut it and remove it, or try Meguiars Cleaner Car Wax

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Clea...s%2C144&sr=8-4
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

You will probably have to polish them with a mini DA polisher and cutting compound. These piano black panels on our Spyders suck for just the kind of thing you just experienced. They scratch if you just fart on them. One of the reasons I recently purchased a mini polisher.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

I am sure that you will get a ton of responses on what to do and use and everything is based on individuality and their experiences. All I can say is once you find a solution to remove the marks I HIGHLY recommend that you put a coat of wax on the flat plastic parts. I know you are probably thinking I am off my rocker but Meguiars Ultimate quick wax does not leave any residue and the white marks like typical wax does on plastic. I use this stuff on my entire bike, just spray it on and wipe it off then go back over it with a clean terry cloth rag or towel and buff it out.

https://www.amazon.com/MEGUIARS-G200...a-848643729259

Good Luck
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents