Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have the insulated hydration tank bag on 2020+ RT?

On https://www.rykerrydes.com/product-p...ation-tank-bag, there's a hydration tank bag that I'd like to purchase for my '21 Spyder RT. If you have one, where do you have it? I'm not keen on having the bag on the tank in front of me. Not a lot of room there and don't like covering the switches.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

FWIW, from the picture of the design I would find it a nuisance. I have been using Camelbaks for over 30 years both bicycling and motorcycling.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Check out one-bottle.com. They have adapters to put a drink tube on standard water bottles as well as Nalgene, Hydroflask, etc. Then just use a drink holder on the frame or handlebars. Works slick!
    The Journey IS the Destination
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I definitely don't want to carry a backpack on my back. I'm actually looking to get away from the water bottle on the handlebars. I was thinking the hydration unit could be placed on the passenger seat with webbing to tie it down.

Spyder Garage

I use the Moto Jug system (motojug.com). It uses an insulated gallon jug which you supply and a mounting system he supplies and it can be mounted whhere you like. I mount mine on the left passenger foot board. I feed the water thru a 6 ft hose with a bite valve. I use an Artic Trails 1 gal. Stainless Steel insulated jug I got from walmart and it will keep ice for up to 2 days. The designer is a long distance rider himself and concerned about hydration. The picture on his website of it mounted on a Spyder is my Spyder.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 11-29-2022 at 09:49 AM. Reason: When typing on my phone I need to proof read more

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I use the Moto Jug system (motojug.com). It uses an insulated galon jug which you supply ana mounting system he supplies and it cann be mounted whhere you like. I mount mine on the left passenger foot board. Ifeed the water thru a 6 ft hose with a bite valve. I use an Artic Trails 1 gal. Stainless Steel insulated jug I got from walmart and it will keep ice for up to 2 days. The designer is a long distance rider himself and concerned about hydration. The picture on his website of it mounted on a Spyder is my Spyder.
    Thank you. I saw your bike in the pictures. Until that point, I was wondering how to mount it. The passenger foot peg is ideal.