Spyder Garage

Default BRP Go!/BRP Connect & Dash Radio won't connect! Anyone managed?

Hi, I have an iPhone 13 with ios 16 installed. I am having trouble getting the Dash Radio app to work using BRP connect. The Dash Radio app is installed on my phone, and it works great, but when I try to use it through BRP Connect, it says "Application not available". I do have Accuweather and Cardo Connect working fine through BRP Connect, the only trouble seems to be with the Dash Radio application. And yes, I have configured my phone to connect via bluetooth to the bike and have the phone connected via USB cable as well. I have tried removing BRP Go! and Dash Radio from my phone and reinstalled them, followed all the prompts, etc. Still no-go.

Has anybody else been able to get Dash Radio to work as expected? Maybe it's just me? I don't know.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can give me.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-20-2022 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

2022 Spyder RT Limited - Carbon Black
    • Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Lamonster topcuff (2) w/ RAM mounts
    • 12v/USB docking station
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are using the new BRP Go app? It came out about a year ago. Any app that you open for the first time, in the dash, will need checking the phone to approve it. I do t use it much and I just opened it in my phone and it had a pop up requesting permission to use Bluetooth.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 11-20-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I checked it out and found Dash Radio opens but the phone doesn’t go back to BRP Go. Dash Radio got an update a few weeks ago and BRP go about a month ago. I’m guessing Dash had a change that is causing this problem.

If you have music playing (from Dash or any other music app), when you turn the bike on the music will continue to play in the bike or headset. Sometimes you have to punch the joystick up to get it going.

So send an email to both BRP Care and Dash Radio to let them k ow it needs fixing.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 11-20-2022 at 04:13 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Not too many use the BRP Apps because of connection problems. What I do and so do a lot of others is Bluetooth connect you phone to the bike and use I-Heart Radio, Pandora, Spotify or Sirius.
    I-Heart Radio most likely has your favorite stations you listen to in your car, and it's FREE!!
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I have Sirius/XM, Apple Music, Pandora and other options available, I am just trying to find out why Dash Radio won't work.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

• Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    Not too many use the BRP Apps because of connection problems. What I do and so do a lot of others is Bluetooth connect you phone to the bike and use I-Heart Radio, Pandora, Spotify or Sirius.
    I-Heart Radio most likely has your favorite stations you listen to in your car, and it's FREE!!
    Actually many do use it and find connecting it to be very easy. Using it a lot makes it easier. Also, you talk about connection problems but advise to bluetooth connect?

You can play ANY music, just get it going before starting the bike. Even Dash Radio which is also free.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 11-22-2022 at 01:44 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I just wanted the functionality of Dash Radio from the handlebar controls. The issue is the bike (BRP Connect) says the Dash Radio app isn't available, but it is installed and functional on my phone.
    Last edited by slhanks004; 11-24-2022 at 11:02 PM.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

• Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by slhanks004 View Post
    I just anted the functionality of Dash Radio from the handlebar controls. The issue is the bike (BRP Connect) says the Dash Radio app isn't available, but it is installed and functional on my phone.
    I tried to open it and the app opens on the phone but because the phone didn’t go dark again and revert to BRP Go the dash failed. As I mentioned, there was an update to Dash Radio a few weeks ago and BRP Go got an update over a month ago. So the latest change is with Dash radio, therefore it can’t be the BRP system.

9DB169CB-94CF-483D-9D26-E7C216BB888E.jpg B3822F6C-365C-46E9-8888-51CF6E8A8B00.jpg C3E6D862-C694-4E76-9AE9-81ADF0924C06.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

$28,000 bike, and a infotainment system. Way more complicated than it has to be! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    $28,000 bike, and a infotainment system. Way more complicated than it has to be! Tom
    Try checking out the BMW TFT system or the Honda Goldwing that has Apple Car Play or the Harley HD Connect. YouTube has a few vids on how to work them BECAUSE they are just as complicated!
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I don't have much to add except BRP GO! works just fine on my RT as well as Dash Radio.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    You can play ANY music, just get it going before starting the bike. Even Dash Radio which is also free.
    Ah ha, maybe that is my issue with feeding my Sena and Schuberth headsets from the phone through the Spyder Audio, I usually don't even attempt to start my music until after starting the Spyder. Now I gotta go out to my Spyder Den (storage trailer) and play with it trying it this way (starting music before starting Spyder).
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020