Spyder Garage

Default Can a User Make Their Own Account Dormant

Been here 9 years this upcoming January. Finding that as times have changed in those 9 years, other Spyder interest groups have been established. The FB groups such as the sister Spyderlovers FB group, and a couple others, are where I get my fill, plus spend less time. (No, I am not a huge FB fan either, basically a one and done since notifications let you quickly see most updated stuff at one time).

Often this site slows a lot during USA winter months, and honestly, I need to focus less on Spyder stuff and more on my volunteering for cancer support, my vintage motocross builds, and vintage moto trials competition.

Not wanting to have folks here send PMs that go unanswered, I learned from my Bancations that the PM function becomes disabled.

So is there a user setting change that can be “turned off” notifying others not to send PMs, and altering my screen name to gray to let others know my inactive status. Or is gray only for the folks on Bancation?

Spyder Garage

There is no user setting or button to press in order to make your Forum account dormant, but all you really need to do in order to achieve that is to stop posting....

You have already set your account to 'Invisible mode', so no-one but the Mod/Admin Team can see if you're actually on the Forum; and if you're also keen to stop getting any PM's or emails from anyone besides the Team, you can go into your Profile's General Settings (click on Settings in the Top Right Corner) & turn off Receiving Emails &/or PM's.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-20-2022 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Settings
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    There is no user setting or button to press in order to make your account dormant, but all you really need to do is to stop posting....
    While stopping posting might work for others or yourself, it still fails to let others know they may not get a reply to a PM they send. So then, if an account can not be made dormant by the user, is there a setting change to disable getting PMs?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    While stopping posting might work for others or yourself, it still fails to let others know they may not get a reply to a PM they send. So then, if an account can not be made dormant by the user, is there a setting change to disable getting PMs?
    See the edit added to my post above...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

There is no user setting or button to press in order to make your Forum account dormant, but all you really need to do in order to achieve that is to stop posting....

You have already set your account to 'Invisible mode', so no-one but the Mod/Admin Team can see if you're actually on the Forum; and if you're also keen to stop getting any PM's or emails from anyone besides the Team, you can go into your Profile's General Settings (click on Settings in the Top Right Corner) & turn off Receiving Emails &/or PM's.
    See Peter, your edited post gave an applicable answer, excellently perfect, thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    See Peter, your edited post gave an applicable answer, excellently perfect, thank you.
    Hadta check it actually worked before I added the info! And it seems that it does do what I outlined... no promises/guarantees tho!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Hadta check it actually worked before I added the info! And it seems that it does do what I outlined... no promises/guarantees tho!
    I theory, this method almost allows a users account to be dormant. No emails, no PMs and not posting will check all the boxes without closing the user account completely.