Spyder Garage

Question BRP email preferences - not letting me unsubscribe! Anyone else?

There is another current thread about BRP emails being legit. Rather than take that one off topic, I've got a different issue with them about legitimacy, and it's getting to be a pet peeve.

I can't even remember how many times I have clicked on a SeaDoo or Can-Am Off Road or SkiDoo email to unsubscribe. Every time I get to their marketing preferences page, I unclick everything EXCEPT Can-Am On Road and submit.

But not long thereafter, I will get yet another SeaDoo or SkiDoo or whatever marketing email that I have no interest in receiving. And every time I go to the unsubscribe link in that email, there will be a checkmark for all kinds of BRP marketing that is NOT Can-Am On Road. Sheesh.

I imagine I'm not the only one, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm thinking about unsubscribing from everything and/or creating a rule to move all BRP email to junk.

Anyone else have the same trouble?

Thanks,
    Bob
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob, follow up as your signature dictates, find yourself a BULL, grab him by the tail,"and face the situation"
    Last edited by Knizar; 11-19-2022 at 05:09 PM.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    Bob, follow up as your signature dictates, find yourself a BULL, grab him by the tail,"and face the situation"
    Thanks, I just sort of figured someone else has had a similar experience.

Seems to me you shouldn’t have to repeat the process every few weeks.

That’s poor marketing practice IMO, or at least an odd way to show customer appreciation.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In my observation the unsubscribe option is the most ignored option offered by companies. I don't know how many times I've unsubscribed only to never actually get taken off the mailing list.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had to update my preferences several times.

Spyder Garage

I unsubscribed from everything except "Can Am On-Road" at the time of my initial post.

Since then, I've gotten 2 emails for On-Road, 1 for Off-Road and 2 for SkiDoo.

It does make you wonder... Does BRP ever consider the negative effects of ignoring an explicit opt-out for unwanted advertising?

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic