Spyder Garage

Default Saw another brand of Reverse trike while in Holland this summer!

This trike drove by and when he pulled in to a gas station, I stopped by to have a look!
    Owner was friendly and talked a lot about his trike. It turns out that a company in Amsterdam has turned Honda Goldwings into trikes, but CanAm style, two wheels in front. I thought CanAm was the only brand with this style of trike, so I was surprised for sure.

Company is called Sturgis Motoren and here is a link; http://sturgistrike.com/
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-19-2022 at 06:04 AM. Reason: ' 's & title
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NorwegianRT -- I had seen links to that site before and their workmanship looks superb. However, my reading of the machine's development and current status leads me to believe it does not incorporate the full-range of VSS capabilities of the Spyder. Certainly TCS and ABS will carry over from the Honda but I'm not so sure about yaw and steering rate although I know the Honda does have a full-range tip sensor. If a mostly two-up couple can afford it, they should choose that machine for the unmatched Honda powertrain and rider-oriented electronics. I ain't in that income range.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was ready to pull the trigger on one of these back in 2014...Then BRP stepped up with the 1330 and I purchased and still own that RTS...

I got to test ride a R18 at a Gold Wing event back in 2013 and was VERY impressed...The R18 had the "easy steer" new option at that time, NO electric power assist needed...What it did lack was a REAL reverse AND Honda only offered a CLUTCH operated manual transmission...

Honda introduced their DCT in 2018 with a Real reverse, and NO clutch...It is my understanding that the R18 developer has two current DCT Gold Wings that he is working on and building a reverse trike R18 kit for??? I have not heard anything about this since Honda announced the end of the GW production...

larryd

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    I was ready to pull the trigger on one of these back in 2014...Then BRP stepped up with the 1330 and I purchased and still own that RTS...

I got to test ride a R18 at a Gold Wing event back in 2013 and was VERY impressed...The R18 had the "easy steer" new option at that time, NO electric power assist needed...What it did lack was a REAL reverse AND Honda only offered a CLUTCH operated manual transmission...

Honda introduced their DCT in 2018 with a Real reverse, and NO clutch...It is my understanding that the R18 developer has two current DCT Gold Wings that he is working on and building a reverse trike R18 kit for??? I have not heard anything about this since Honda announced the end of the GW production...

larryd
    with everything ....except .... " end of production " .... my understanding of this is .... " only in Japan " ..... The emission's laws there have changed drastically, and Honda decided to not produce them for the home market. I think 75% of Goldwings are bou8ght in the USA. There might even be a plant in the US ...... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    I ain't in that income range.
    That makes two of us Bert.
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Mike the plant in the US was closed several years ago and all Gold Wing production moved back to Japan.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Mike the plant in the US was closed several years ago and all Gold Wing production moved back to Japan.
    2011 to be exact.