Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Elka Shocks on 2021 S2S

Elka shock review.
    I have been reading about and researching Elka shocks for a couple of years. Just could not convince myself to spend that much money on shocks. Then recently an opportunity present itself. A new friend who just moved to my area has a 2021 Seat to Sky just like mine. Both have Baja Ron sway bars, but his has the Elka shocks.
    So, we had an opportunity to do a side-by-side test ride. Here in South Carolina the roads are rough and that was one of the main reasons I was always looking at the Elka shocks. My wife always rides with me, and we put on about 20,000 miles a year, mostly in the mountains.
    So, we get on my friends Spyder and start out. We went about a mile and a half, and my wife says we need these shocks. Like I said the roads are rough and we thought our 2021 rode pretty good on these roads, but once we rode with the Elka shock it was like night and day difference. So, we go back and rode our Spyder on the same roads and then his again.
    Could not believe that much difference. The best thing is my wife agreed with me 100%, let's go buy the shocks.
    Received our new Elka shocks last week, took about one hour to install. Saturday we road 300 miles and very much enjoyed our new purchase and the ride. It was a great addition to our Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I've been happy with my 3 Elkas since I bought them.

As you said,"night and day"
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Which stage of shock did you get and what info did you give them to order what you wanted. Thanks
    Last edited by Longtimer; 11-21-2022 at 12:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have Elka 1+R on front & back on my 2008 GS SM5. Not their most expensive option model.

I told them my weight, that I rode mostly solo and that I wanted comfort with no rear end jarring/bottoming.

They deliver that for me.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

I got stage 2 - ordered from Lamonster garage. They have a form you fill asking how you ride and one up or two up. Very easy to order. My shocks worked great right out of the box.