The Woodlands, Texas and Pipe Creek, Texas
    Spyder Garage

Default Tank pads - Does anybody have them?

I'm trying to source some tank pads for my 2020 RTL.
    Does anybody have them on their RT and if so, where did you get them.

These would have the appearance of the tank pads (for your knees) of the 60s and 70s scrambler bikes.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by peterparker View Post
    I'm trying to source some tank pads for my 2020 RTL.
    Does anybody have them on their RT and if so, where did you get them.

These would have the appearance of the tank pads (for your knees) of the 60s and 70s scrambler bikes.
    Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but Wrap my Spyder advertises that they have some. I was there looking for some graphics for my 2021 RTL.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I know there are places that make a clear, stick-on, "pad" like what a lot of people us on fenders. But I think what you're looking for is a retro-looking knee pad like Triumph and others had. That would be cool! I haven't seen any but will be watching for some too..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Go to Amazon and type motorcycle tank knee pads in the search window. They have a bunch of them. It largely depends on what you're looking for.
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

It's not on RT, but it is tank knee grip. My left leg amputated and I use my knees a lot to hold on in tight turns. I put these knee grips on my F3-S. I can't remember exactly what they belong on. I think it was some kind of older Honda. Found them on Amazon.com.

If knee pads don't find anything, try other words, like tank protector, knee grip pads, or something else.

They came with peel and stick, had the good glue already on them. Be sure they are in the right place. When you stick them, they are stuck. They are hard rubber with maybe 1/4 inch deep honeycomb type place for your knees to press against. Been on there about 3 years now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gwolf; 11-18-2022 at 06:01 PM.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Look here, should be something you can use here.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=motorcycl..._ts-doa-p_2_20

If they are peel and stick, rubber pads, they should be flexible enough to conform to the curved surfces on the side of the tank.

Several pages of tank pads for various scooters listed here. If it has the demensions in the product information, you can figure out if they will fit. The picture will give you some idea how they conform to the space on the side of the tank.

You can cut the edges on some of them. If they have some logo, you might be able to remove that with a side grinder or a Dremel tool and smooth it back out, or maybe even JB Weld your own logo over it. 3M also has an epoxy made just for rubber and plastic products that is super strong and water-proof when cured.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Amazon and Ebay has hundreds of them. I have them on my Moto Guzzi and I put a set on my Spyder where my wife's folding passenger pegs causes her pants or boots to contact the black paint. Peel and stick. I cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol and they have been secure for three years.
    IMG_20221119_103903533_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20220901_111603739_HDR.jpg
    2015 RT , Black