Spyder Garage

Cool More fun Ryker Rydes

What a summer and autumn! I just got back home to AZ a couple of weeks ago after being on the road for 4 months, mostly solo. I travelled in my toyhauler motorhome and brought my Ryker along. I went all the way to the East coast., and was able to add 13 more states to my map of Ryker rydes. I was fortunate to cross off a few bucket list items, and rode in some beautiful country. First I stopped in New Mexico at a camping site at Taos Ski Resort.

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-17-2022 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

Then I went to Colorado and rode my Ryker up to the summit of Pike's Peak. It is a fun 19 mile road with awesome views. Just be aware of the crazy bicyclists that zoom past on the way down!

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-17-2022 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

I then drove to Wyoming and camped with my sister and some of her horse friends. I did a Ryker ryde into the beautiful Snowy Range Mountains, and around Cheyenne and Laramie.

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-17-2022 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

I then made my way to Nebraska and did some chores around the house for my mom, and was repaid with excellent vittles from her kitchen. Then it was off to Missouri to visit an old friend and get my first up-close view of the Gateway Arch.

IMG_2109.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-17-2022 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

I worked my way east, doing some short rydes, before spending time in NY, NJ and PA. The last photo here is at the Gettysburg National Battlefield.

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

Spyder Garage

Before heading back west, I summited the highest elevation site in some of these states. The ones in PA, NJ and WV have paved roads that I could ryde the Ryker on, which are some fun rides. Here are photos from the site in WV, called Spruce Knob.

IMG_4303.jpg. IMG_4294.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-17-2022 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

I put about 1500 miles on the Ryker during this trip, and it performed flawlessly
    I really enjoy travelling with this in my toyhauler. I used to travel a lot while hauling a Polaris Rzr in the garage, but there are not many places east of the Mississippi River that will allow that vehicle on public roads. The Ryker has solved that problem for me, and is a lot of fun

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Those are great pictures and looks like a great trip. I am a spyder guy, due to doing longer rides. But if I had a toy hauler like you, the ryker is definitely the way to go. Thanks for sharing.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing your trip. It appears to have been a full and active 4 months. Not a bad time to be getting back to Arizona!

Spyder Garage

WOW Looks like it was a great road trip. I wouldn't mid doing something like that with my Spyder, but the toy hauler part of the equation is a little outside my budget.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-17-2022 at 01:50 PM. Reason: budgwt - budget ;-)
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks Greg. I bought my toyhauler in 2013 when it was already 6 years old. I got it for a good price and it has been very dependable. I have done a lot of updating on the inside and the outside appearance, so it doesn't look like a 2008 model. So if you buy used, there are bargains out there. I really like having the versatility of the on-board garage.