Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    29 hours by interstate or 2034 miles.
    37 hours by side roads or 2040 miles.

this coming year i will make it to at least one event, even it's daytona thats my backyard
    We will be doing mainly back two lane roads. Love going through all the small old time America towns. We stumbled on so much to see. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    We will be doing mainly back two lane roads. Love going through all the small old time America towns. We stumbled on so much to see. Tom
    Florida to South Dakota. That's a whole lotta small town Americana. How long ya figure that's gonna take? Enjoy, ride safe.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Florida to South Dakota. That's a whole lotta small town Americana. How long ya figure that's gonna take? Enjoy, ride safe.
    if i make this trip it will take me 3-5 days, rain will be the deciding factor.

Spyder Garage

If you go through Custer State Park….

7840380C-DDEF-43C5-8906-54754E075731.jpg
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post

Spyder Garage

Party Pooper!!

That'd make such an entertaining you tube vid... But only if the pet-er could run fast enough to get to safety before the pet-ee (which in this case would be the fluffy cow ) managed to catch up!! If THAT happened, it'd be more of a horror vid

Hmmm, hang on a sec..... a horror vid - they sell well don't they?? Probly get lotsa views, so juuust maybe, given the right pet-er of course, this could be a win-win - for everyone but said pet-er, anyway!

Do you happen to know anyone you could take along as sacrificial pet-er Slice?? You'd only need to get them as far as Custer State Park, and take the video of course, but I'm willing to share the royalties if you use my idea.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-11-2022 at 06:17 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

For our 10 year anniversary I remember driving with my wife in the truck in Custer loop area. We stop because everyone infront of us is stopped on the road. Wife is looking ahead with the window down watching a donkey with its head in a car laughing. We had been there once before but didn’t see them then. All the sudden she turns an a donkey sticks it’s head in our truck window. She jumps. Now we are fine. Used to horses, in fact we had the horses at the rodeo that trip. Feed it a few crackers and push its head out. So at that time, which has totally changed now, I put my truck into 4 wheel drive and we started driving out on this mini road with grass in the middle all rutted up. Signs saying only 4 x 4 high clearance allowed. When we were there it was full of trees and like going back in time. We went back 10 years later and not a tree in site. Beetles got in there and killed the entire place. There was still piles of trees and the rangers had to burn in the fall. Anyway, about 10 miles into the prairie we come up on this tour bus. We stopped. There was some bulls rolling in the dust etc. as we sat there the bison started walking all around us. No biggy. We had way more around us in Yellowstone many times before this. Wife puts up window and I left mine down. All the sudden I slapped a bee on my arm. Jumped a bit as it stung me. Then another and another now inside truck. They started coming in everywhere. We had the old fold out wind deflectors at the time and the old back manual sliding windows. We were sitting ontop of a huge bees nest appearently. With the bus infront of us and a truck full of bees now I put in drive and fly around the bus. We stop 100 yards ahead both jump out swatting everything. Those bison just looked at us. We must have looked totally drunk. Bus comes up and driver then realized what had happened. Made sure we were ok. Fun times, fun memories. I was blown away the last 3 times we were in Custer. It’s looks totally different now. Not a tree in site. It’s amazing how a beetle can wipe the entire loop out. We’ll be out this year for the rally.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 12-11-2022 at 07:13 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Fist time I did Custer State park on a motorcycle was 2009 when the Venturers had a ride in in Spearfish. I came to a line of stopped cars and of course there were Bison crossing the road. Pretty soon here comes one lone bull ambling down the road. I was on the bike, no where to go so I shut the engine and sat very still. I didn't even pick up my camera to take a picture. As he got closer I didn't even dare look at him and turned my head away. I did not want to make any move that he might thing was threatening. I could have reached out and petted that "fluffy cow" very easily.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 12-12-2022 at 04:32 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Fist time I did Custer State park on a motorcycle was 2009 when the Venturers had a ride in in Spearfish. I came to a line of stopped cars and of course there were Bison crossing the road. Pretty soon here comes one lone bull ambling down the road. I was on the bike, no where to go so I shut the engine and sat very still. I didn't even pick up my camera to take a picture. As he got closer I didn't even dare look at him and turned my head away. I did not want to make any move that he might thing was threatening. I could have reached out and peted that "fluffy cow" very easily.

Same thing actually almost same year. We were coming out of Yellowstone heading towards beartooth. We had the toyhauler about 20 miles north outside the park. Same thing on my old 2003 springer Harley. We had a guys infront of us on a Harley too. They weren’t with us. We were stopped and This huge bull comes up along side us from behind with motor off. Wife had already slid her legs over the opposite side just in case for a quick escape in case bike was to get knocked over. We were both as quiet as could be. He walks right on by us petting length from behind on the burm and past us. Don’t think the lady passenger infront of us had a clue. It stops 3 feet from her. She screams, the jack wagon cracks his pipes and splits between the car facing us and the car in front of him. I think he could have smashed both mirrors with his knees. Buffalo goes up on rear legs and shoots away. Traffic starts moving again. About 5 miles up the road we came up on that bike. That lady was sucking down cigarettes like eating a jerky stick. She was all flipped out yelling at the driver and saying we are never going back. She smelt it’s breath. Wife says stay calm, sit still and just watch. Little to say the lady flipped my wife off and we drove away.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

At Teddy Roosevelt park I asked a ranger if I were to honk my horn while riding past some bison on my motorcycle what would be the likely response, run away, ignore me, or charge? "Could be any one of three!" He said an old cow would most likely run off, an old bull would be inclined to look and ignore, and a young bull could very well charge.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Last year was 5 days up. Five days there. Five days back. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Booked a spot at Whistler Gulch Campground. Can’t wait!
    The Journey IS the Destination
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have wanted to go for a couple years now. Life sometimes gets in the way of life. I am planning on making it this year. Don't know if I'll ride or trailer. Trying to convince the wife to ride with me once we get there if we trailer.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

This sounds like a fun event and an excuse to ride the Black Hill's when the Sturgis rally is not going on. Wife and I will be riding from Central California. About 1400 miles, easy 3 days on the super slabs, will focus on secondary roads coming home. Any idea how many riders have attended this event in the past?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PJveetwin View Post
    This sounds like a fun event and an excuse to ride the Black Hill's when the Sturgis rally is not going on. Wife and I will be riding from Central California. About 1400 miles, easy 3 days on the super slabs, will focus on secondary roads coming home. Any idea how many riders have attended this event in the past?
    Looks like over 600 Registered last year....

https://www.facebook.com/Deadwood3Wh...4752621614513/
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Going to try and make the 2023 Deadwood Rally from SoCal. Rode to Sturgis in August this year and it was a great ride on my 2018 F3T. Didn't know about the 3 Wheel Rally until I got home. Sturgis is okay but too many bikes to let one enjoy the Black Hills ride. Stayed at RushNoMore RV park. Great campground. May stay at Deadwood KOA. I'm tenting it and I already know RushNoMore is really tent and m/c friendly so I'll have to make a decision soon. It's about 1400mi and the Sturgis ride took from 1000am Friday to 1200pm Sunday. May take a different route this time.

Life is not good or bad, it's just Life. Deal with it!

2018 F-3T, 2016 2500 Ram 4x4, 2020 VW Cross Sport, 2012 Travel trailer

Spyder Garage

I think the biggest was the 4th Rally in 2018, 771 registered.
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I think you are right. 2019 was not quite as big tho it was big, I broke my ankle for 2020 and 2021 felt smaller.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Looks like over 600 Registered last year....

https://www.facebook.com/Deadwood3Wh...4752621614513/
    That's a decent turnout! Not too many but enough to be fun!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    Sturgis is okay but too many bikes to let one enjoy the Black Hills ride.
    According to Google there were 505,000 attendees last year. That is way way too many people for me to feel comfortable. The 600 hundred from last year's 3 Wheel Rally is nice comfortable number.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Wanted to stay at the Travel Lodge, but their cancelation policy is 30 days in advance or they charge a $100. fee. That seems a little extreme to me, as most hotels are 24-36 hours. We are planning to attend, but sometimes things just come up. So we booked at the Franklin down the street

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PJveetwin View Post
    Wanted to stay at the Travel Lodge, but their cancelation policy is 30 days in advance or they charge a $100. fee. That seems a little extreme to me, as most hotels are 24-36 hours. We are planning to attend, but sometimes things just come up. So we booked at the Franklin down the street
    Deadwood Mountain Grand, Tin Lizzie, and Cadillac Jacks all have covered parking (besides the Travel Lodge). Just FYI info for anyone going
    Last edited by RapidSpyder; 12-26-2022 at 05:00 PM.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Also FYI, on a sad note Lewie’s just outside of Lead closed its’ doors. Arguably the best burgers in the Black Hills. Also Cheyenne Crossing had a fire in the kitchen this fall, and the restaurant is closed to rebuild. Last I heard they were hoping to reopen by April.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

We are hoping to make the Deadwood Rally. Does anyone know if any of the other hotels(besides Travelodge) have
    trailer parking for a 20 foot trailer ?
    Thank you so much
    Roger

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTN View Post
    We are hoping to make the Deadwood Rally. Does anyone know if any of the other hotels(besides Travelodge) have
    trailer parking for a 20 foot trailer ?
    Thank you so much
    Roger
    Blackstone Lodge in Lead can. My nephew & I stayed there last year. Rate was one of the better ones around. It's only about a 10 minute ride to the rally site.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)