Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Wet? We got here Sunday and that storm that came through last night at 11 was hail, wind and easily an inch of rain. We went through Badlands on way out. Stayed on the bluffs before entering park. I have never seen mini lakes and standing water in Badlands. I think south Dakota is soaked this year! Did just watch the unveiling of mount Rushmore this morning. We got there at 7:00 in solid fog. It mysterious appeared around 10 and then disappeared again. Raining again. Was pretty cool to say we were at Rushmore on the 4th. There was maybe 50 people there. Not as packed as I'd thought when we left at 1:00. See you all next week!
    Last edited by Wmoater; 07-04-2023 at 03:00 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Forecast for Rally week is mid to upper 70’s, perfect ryding weather. Bring rain gear though, it’s been a wet summer here so far and it’s always going to have pop up thunderstorms somewhere in the Hills this time of year.
    Good to know, thanks
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Summer rains in the BlackHills can come with hail, rain gear is a must bring along there.
    We will be leaving Saturday morning riding out West on the 14, Deadwood 8 Sunday afternoon.
    Hope to see some of you under the single shade tree at the fairgrounds.
    Everyone Ride safe, stay hydrated.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

On our way. Be there Friday.
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

75% ready - we will be on the way Saturday morning at zero dark, planned to be there Saturday night!
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Rolling out Friday morning from Indianapolis, IN. 2 Ridden Spyders and 2 Trailered Spyders. Arriving Saturday evening to the Travelodge.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

We are staying in the area (Heartland RV Park) until August 18th and plan on visiting the rally on Sunday. I work M-F, so I won't be able to visit any other time :-(

I'm hoping learn a lot from owners and the vendors.

-JG
    Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - 2016 Jeep Rubicon - 2012 Harley FLTCR.
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R Toyhauler with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde Independent Suspension
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG56 View Post
    We are staying in the area (Heartland RV Park) until August 18th and plan on visiting the rally on Sunday. I work M-F, so I won't be able to visit any other time :-(

-JG
    I'm on a 2015 Grey/Silver F3S with Orange Frame. Leather hard bags and tailbag. My wife will be on a White 2019 RTL with orange and pink graphics). If I'm not on the bike I'll have a black Buffalo Leather Hat on (friends call it my Indiana Jones Hat). Name's Joshua (Spyder-Man) Richardson and would love to say howdy and fill you with any amount of useless information I can. ;-) I work on the Spyders and Rykers as a hobby gig in Indianapolis, IN.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG56 View Post

-JG
    So that was your Spyder I saw when we were down there to listen to our friend play the other night.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    So that was your Spyder I saw when we were down there to listen to our friend play the other night.
    We don't have a Spyder yet. That Spyder is up the other end of the park from where I am. Owned by a super nice guy. He said something that rings very true and it has me looking at Spyders. He said' "As I age, it is better to be proactive than reactive." I agree, if I drop the MC (which I've never done), just one time, my wife would never ride with me again. A Spyder fixes that concern.

-JG
    Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - 2016 Jeep Rubicon - 2012 Harley FLTCR.
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R Toyhauler with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde Independent Suspension
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I thought there would be parking for car and trailer at or near event site. Anyone know?

Spyder Garage

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.3851...!1e3?entry=ttu

YES, I have parked my PU and a trailer inside the (Days of 76)Event compound before. You should be ble to find a spot also.
    Thats GROUND ZERO
    T.P.
    Last edited by T.P.; 07-06-2023 at 06:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks T.P.!

Spyder Garage

Just an FYI on the closest CANAM SPYDER dealers To the Ralley Ground Zero.
    Rapid City and Spearfish, https://ricesrapidmotorsports.com/

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Outdoor Motorsports in Spearfish used to have a booth at the rally, don’t know if they’re there this year, but Spearfish is a short drive away.
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

And if they do have a presence at the rally, they usually have BUDS with them and are very accommodating about just checking you out if you need it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-08-2023 at 07:49 AM. Reason: vhevking... ;-)

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

There is a Can Am tent set up right in front as you come in. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Be there Tuesday afternoon. Looking forward to some good rides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kamper View Post
    Be there Tuesday afternoon. Looking forward to some good rides.
    I'll be pulling in roughly the same time. I'm overnighting in Billings, MT on Monday and knocking out the finally couple hundred miles on Tuesday.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Arrived safely today. Obligatory Wall Drug stop and met some fellow Tennesseans. Parked car and trailer in lot at DEC for free. Got packets and meet and greet 6pm tonight. Hope to meet some of you!

Spyder Garage

In about and hour and a half I'll be heading out on my way to the 3Wheel Rally in Deadwood South Dakota. And not unexpected it is cloudy and it was starting to drizzle. Normally I can just decide not to ride (rain riding is not my cup of tea), but that is not an option today. So I'll put some of my rain gear on before I leave so I won't have to stop to do it later on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-10-2023 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Moved Post title into text after thread merge - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Not a lot of vendors here this year, but still some good ryding to be done in the Hills. The weather was perfect yesterday.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Diamond R has retired and closed up shop and theycwere a big supporter. Did Vanderhall come this year? How about Jeff Dastrup art work? Or the ram mount guy,can't remember his name? Those are some I remember from 2021.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Diamond R has retired and closed up shop and theycwere a big supporter. Did Vanderhall come this year? How about Jeff Dastrup art work? Or the ram mount guy,can't remember his name? Those are some I remember from 2021.
    Vanderhall is there offering test drives. Didn't see any accesories. Was going to put on highway pegs at this years rally, guess I'll have to do it myself. I saw some on other bikes that I liked. There is someone doing artwork there.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

Was heading to Deadwood, but a check engine light came on, went into the limp mode, although the banner didn’t come on. Was just north of Vernal on 191. The dealership there is coming to pick me up, hopefully a easy fix, but not happy being on the side of road at least help is coming
    2021 RT LT